Maps for 60CSX

The roads are the main roads but nothing past that. How do I get more? Also, was caching this weekend in state park and needed topo to help (no roads there), where do I get that?

What are the best for this and can I use both together?

The quick answer is that you need to buy some additional software for the detailed maps. I use City Navigator v8 with my 60CSx but there areother titles. you can check ou tthe Garmin website for the different titles and what they offer and to check compatability with your GPS.

I'm sure someone else here can steer you in a much more clearly defined direction.

The two most likely choices are Mapsource Topo and Mapsource City Navigator. Ideally you have both and can switch between either depending on your planned use. Its what I have on my 60CS.

Of course buying both is a big chunk of change (well even one is) so you're best off choosing one at first, then picking up the other later.

To really get the most out of your 60CSX City Navigator is the way to go. The autorouting (turn by turn driving directions) is awesome.

That said, if your primary use is geocaching and hiking in the forest then you might want to start off with MapSource Topo. It has most roads and being able to see the terrain on your unit is very useful. Unfortunately Topo doesn't do autorouting.

The two most likely choices are Mapsource Topo and Mapsource City Navigator. Ideally you have both and can switch between either depending on your planned use. Its what I have on my 60CS.

How do you switch between them. I have Map Source Topo installed on my 60CSx; but would like to add Navigator also. With both installed on the card; how do you select only the map needed? :rolleyes:

Thanks/John

Edited by SharpShin'

I am doing this from memory, but when you are on the map screen click menu. Click setup. If you go to the map setup page scroll across the options until you find hide maps. You need to hide City Navigator. It will always be on top. I do mine so often that I don't even notice each step anymore. Having both maps on your GPS makes it a lot easier to use while caching. You use City Navigator to get you to the trail head and then switch to Topo for the hiking.