Remember this date error

9Key

I clicked on one of these a week or so ago at home and I got a file download. It was a file that could be imported into MS Outlook. I have MS Outlook Express at home so I could not open it.

I get the error message as well when clicking on it now.

That's cool. Would be nice if it just sent you an appointment request that you could accept, rather than having to import a file...seems it would be simpler for me to just add it manually to the calendar (I don't use Outlook at home but do at work).

That's cool. Would be nice if it just sent you an appointment request that you could accept, rather than having to import a file

Most "real" calendar applications will understand this file and open it natively, this includes outlook, the palm desktop (I forget the exact name of it), and several others. You shouldn't have to import anything unless your file associations are wrong.

When I click on one (I use outlook) it opens up like a regular appointment, then I can save it, modify it, or whatever I want.

My only complaint about the whole thing (I posted a message about this a while back and TPTB never responded and I don't think its been fixed) is that the time comes up wrong. But then again, there is no way for the event cache owner to set the time, so this would probably take a modification to the event cache setup.

That's cool. Would be nice if it just sent you an appointment request that you could accept, rather than having to import a file

Most "real" calendar applications will understand this file and open it natively, this includes outlook, the palm desktop (I forget the exact name of it), and several others. You shouldn't have to import anything unless your file associations are wrong.

When I click on one (I use outlook) it opens up like a regular appointment, then I can save it, modify it, or whatever I want.

My only complaint about the whole thing (I posted a message about this a while back and TPTB never responded and I don't think its been fixed) is that the time comes up wrong. But then again, there is no way for the event cache owner to set the time, so this would probably take a modification to the event cache setup.

Thanks for clarifying, as I haven't been able to receive a file yet. By "import" I thought he meant having to save the file, go to File->import/export etc...

If it's just a double click to open the attachment, then that's fine. Hope it's fixed soon so I can check it out.

The update last week had inserted a bug into the vcard implementation on events. I'll be posting a patch today that should fix it.

Vcards aren't specific to any particular application. It should work with Outlook, Google Calendar, etc.

And yes - there is no time available for events so it just picks midnight.