downloading bulk files with hints

hiya everyone,

i recently bought a garmin venture cx and i was wondering how i could download the waypoints:

i have seen in one of the tutorials on this forum a section on haveing more than one poi database and as i looked through i noticed that they had the hints in the comments box on the garmin. when i download files with 20 pois in off this site, they have no details, yet when i download a single one, it has all the details (well, at least all the details are in GSAK). my question to you is, is there a way to download like, i dont know, 500 pois in one file, all with full details, compatible with garmin, and not as a pocket query? (im a premium member, but cant work the PQs)

also, is there a program that automates this? where it will go online, and download the hints into the details?

thanks,

regards,

goody2shooz

When you use GASAK go to "GPS" in the tool bar and choose "Send Waypoints". When that screen opens go to the bottom right where it says Change Waypoint description" in that box I use %dif/%ter/%hint. Also change the "Maxium characters to 80.

Hope that helps. I'm sure thaere are others out there that can expound on this.

El Diablo

When you use GASAK go to "GPS" in the tool bar and choose "Send Waypoints". When that screen opens go to the bottom right where it says Change Waypoint description" in that box I use %dif/%ter/%hint. Also change the "Maxium characters to 80.

El Diablo

thanks very much. will this go online and find the hints?

El Diablo

thanks very much. will this go online and find the hints?

I do it through PQ's but I'm sure there are other ways, but PQ's would be the best way.

El Diablo