Mapsource question

andman

I currently have a Garmin Quest, it came with Mapsource City Select North America Version 6 (I bought it a few years ago when it first came out).

I am planing on buy a GPSMAP 60Cx.

What should I do? Should I pay to upgrade the version of City Select that I have and get an unlock code to use it on the new 60Cx?

Or should I just buy a brand new version of City Navigator?

And if I do that, should I get City Navigator or City Navigator NT?

Or can I buy Mapsource software bundled with the GPSMAP 60Cx at a discount?

On a little bit different note, on the accessory page for the 60Cx it lists microSD Pre-Programmed Data Cards, but none of them have North America. Why is that?

Thanks!

Edited by andman

If you plan to sell your Quest, then you can transfer your unlock code to the buyer, you would have to get a new copy of Mapsource Navigator. Or you can sell your Quest letting the buyer know that he would have to purchase Mapsorce, and just go for the update.

I don't know why pre-programmed micro SD cards don't offer N.A.

I currently have a Garmin Quest, it came with Mapsource City Select North America Version 6 (I bought it a few years ago when it first came out).

I am planing on buy a GPSMAP 60Cx.

What should I do? Should I pay to upgrade the version of City Select that I have and get an unlock code to use it on the new 60Cx?

Or should I just buy a brand new version of City Navigator?

And if I do that, should I get City Navigator or City Navigator NT?

Or can I buy Mapsource software bundled with the GPSMAP 60Cx at a discount?

On a little bit different note, on the accessory page for the 60Cx it lists microSD Pre-Programmed Data Cards, but none of them have North America. Why is that?

Thanks!

If the Garmin quest has been your only unit and City Select came with it then you still have the opportunity of unlocking CS on a second unit for free. Version 6 isn't that much out-of-date so it would serve you well. With the money saved you could purchase one of the Topo map packages.

Cheers, Olar

GeoidPS brought up a good point, I plan to sell my Quest so I should probably buy new software for the 60Cx.

I found the 60Cx for $364.95 at GPSCity.com Should I just buy it from there and order City Navigator from Garmin? Or is there a better package deal for both?

Either way, NT or not NT?

Thanks!

GeoidPS brought up a good point, I plan to sell my Quest so I should probably buy new software for the 60Cx.

I found the 60Cx for $364.95 at GPSCity.com Should I just buy it from there and order City Navigator from Garmin? Or is there a better package deal for both?

Either way, NT or not NT?

Thanks!

well i am not sure if you could buy gps products..maps...directly from garmin website...but if you could...dont do it...cuz it is way too expensive on their site...better go through costco.com, gpscity.com, amazon.com..etc...gpsgeek.com, gpsdiscount.com....

Don't forget about the $50 rebate Garmin is offering for the 60 series and etrex series units. You can find it on their website.

Garmin ripped me off on the $75 rebate I was due. I wouldn't trust 'em.

I'll never own anotehr Garmin product.

How did they rip you off?

Don't forget about the $50 rebate Garmin is offering for the 60 series and etrex series units. You can find it on their website.

Sent in all the forms, barcode, etc. (Complete with photo-copy of all contents). I never got the rebate, and none of their Customer No-Service rats would help via phone, snail mail, or email.

Sent in all the forms, barcode, etc. (Complete with photo-copy of all contents). I never got the rebate, and none of their Customer No-Service rats would help via phone, snail mail, or email.

I sent my rebate documentation registered and that helped a lot.