Garmin 60CSx Chipset Type G v 2.70 Update

starbox189

I just got a new 60CSx. It came installed with Unit software version 3.00 and Chipset software version 2.80. I just mistakenly downloaded Chipset software version 2.70 from Garmin's update collection which is the most recent version they indicate on their website. Evidently I downgraded from the 2.80 version it came with to the 2.70 version.

What is the difference between these two versions and how do I get back to version 2.8??

I'm sure the 2.80 update must be right around the corner if new units are shipping with it.... if you can't stand waiting or think you might have messed up your gps with the downgrade I would email or call garmin, they might be able to give you the 2.80 file or you might speed up the process of the rest of us getting it when they post it online.

Edited by hogrod

I just got a new 60CSx. It came installed with Unit software version 3.00 and Chipset software version 2.80. I just mistakenly downloaded Chipset software version 2.70 from Garmin's update collection which is the most recent version they indicate on their website. Evidently I downgraded from the 2.80 version it came with to the 2.70 version.

What is the difference between these two versions and how do I get back to version 2.8??

When you said 2.8 Chipset...is this referring to the SIRF??? not sure what 2.8 or 2.7 is referring to.

I received my 60 CSx last week. Just checked my software......

Software Version 2.90

GPS SW Version 2.50

I guess they have another upgrade out there!!

If I am correct the Software version refers to the firmware of the GPSr which is currently at 3.0 and the GPS SW version refers to the SiRF chipset which is currently at 2.7 (2.8 apparently in the newer versions).