Horse friendly caches in Washington

ozzie41

I don't know where you are located, but there are a bunch in an Equestrian park in SW Washington. It is just north of Vancouver WA in rural Ridgefield WA. The park is called Whipple Creek.

In these 6 caches 1,2,3,4, and 6 are in the park. The park is larger than the map on Geocaching.com shows. #6 is a puzzle cache located in the park (even though I haven't found it yet).

There is a watering hole (trough) very near Rider's Joy Cache.

For horse trailers the best parking is at the end of 21st Ave. off 179th St.

You might want to also look at the color PDF file from the city of Vancouver Parks Department showing the trails, parking areas, etc. All the 4 miles of trails are open to equestrian use.

Since you are a premium member you could also run a pocket query of caches people have marked as being for equestrians.

In addition to specific recommendations being thrown out, remember that as a premium member you can run pocket queries. You can set up a query to search on the "horses" attribute. Testing this out, I came up with 414 caches with that attribute centered around Seattle. While not every horse-friendly cache will necessarily have that attribute flagged, areas that have a number of caches are likely to have at least one cache with it - so you'll discover likely areas.