USA-Europe TB Swap Meet, 28th October

TravelingViking

Hi,

I am coming from Europe on a business trip to Danbury, CT. On Saturday, 28th of October I would be available for a TB and Geocoin Swap Meet. Anywhere within 2h driving range of Danbury would be acceptable.

I am not sure how you typically handle this in your area, I think I might be spoiled: on my last trips to California and Washington local cachers hosted swap meet events for me...

So any suggestion for a place and time? Early evening at a Microbrewery works for me...

Looking forward to seeing (some of) you,

Olaf

Bump...

I am now slowly starting to collect TBs and Geocoins that want to come to USA badly. I would guess that I'll bring some 10 to 20 from Europe. In case there are no volunteers to meet with me for swapping I could use some recommendations on "best places for save TB/Geocoin exchange" - anywhere along the route from JFK to Danbury, CT.

Thanks,

Olaf

Thanks for the answers / suggestions. As I am on a business trip my availability for caching or meeting cachers is limited to the weekend, both that Saturday and Sunday (28/29) would work for me.

I will bring several activated Geocoins and Tbs that simply want to travel.

I'll also bring selected items from my unactivated Geocoin collection for trading. For trade I have almost all of the Regions of Germany geocoins as well as many other European geocoins.

Olaf

Would a meet in NYC on Saturday be good for you? There has been talk of a fall NYC meet and that would be a good weekend for it. I don't live in NYC, I"m about an hour north of there, but I would be willing to set up an event if there was enough intrest.

Edited by marlin01

Well, the wheather forecast does look like this event is "not for whimpy cachers..." :unsure:

I will be there, rain or shine (unless there is so much water that the rental car can't make it within a 2-3 mile radius of the event. I'll swim the rest. ;)

Unfortunately the Geocaching server is not responding right now so I can't drop the latest TBs and Geocoins that I'll bring.

From my Geocoin collection I'll bring a few highlights including a V2 Mount10Bike Geocoin. But that is just for show & tell...

till later, I am leaving for the airport in a few minutes.

Olaf