Your TB: Moving it to a different place

hsbeach

Several weeks ago, I put one of my TBs (I've Lost My Mind) in a TB Hotel. Cachers have come and gone, but no one seems to take my TB. Is it okay if I move my TB to a different place? I do not want the Cache Gods to rain fire down on me for doing something in violation of the Cache Commandments.

Good Caching to All!

Howard

I placed my own TB in a cache close to my home so that the miles would start near me. I knew it was a cache that wasn't visited often so I added a note that I was going to leave it there for a couple of weeks but then would move it to a different one if no one had picked it up - which I did. I released it at a TB hotel in Va. and now it is down in NC. I saw to problem in helping my own TB along.

I have another question on the same topic of moving- I had also placed someone else's TB in that same cache. Since it hadn't been picked up either, I moved it as well. Was that OK?

<edited to clarify>

Edited by gailois

How long do you recommend leaving your own travel bug somewhere before taking it back? I put my first travel bug in a "bug motel" cache, where it's been sitting for like 2 months. There doesn't seem to be a lot of action at this cache. I'd like to see it move on. Am I being too impatient?

How long do you recommend leaving your own travel bug somewhere before taking it back? I put my first travel bug in a "bug motel" cache, where it's been sitting for like 2 months. There doesn't seem to be a lot of action at this cache. I'd like to see it move on. Am I being too impatient?

Not impatient at all. This looks like what I've seen referred to here in the forums as a TB"Prison" . If it were mine, I'd remove my bug and free some others with it. I'll bet the owners would thank you. I have only one TB sent out so far and on it's page I have asked that folks not abide by the rules of 'take one, leave one". The idea of TBs is for them to MOVE, not to sit around as a guest in a 'hotel' with rules. Just my opinion. :laughing:

Why would people be passing on picking up the TB?

Because it's a travel bug hotel! There are several travel bugs in it and because of the even-trade rule your bug doesn't get picked because it gets victum of the bug that just doesn't get picked.

It is no problem getting your bug out and moving it. You can do anything you want with your travel bug....including giving it to a 9 month old child for a chew toy. :laughing: OUCH!

There is a travel bug near me that seems to be stymied in a cache off the beaten path. I have been in touch with the owner, and he advised he would greatly appreciate my moving it to a more frequented cache that would put it back on mission. I have a couple in mind, just have to get the trip planned up that way. Am leaving the TB where it is until then in the hope that someone will pick it up.

TB's are no fun just sitting!!! :laughing: