We are coming.....Somewhere

Wadders

Hello people, me and another couple of cachers may be looking to come across the water to do a "bit " of caching, and are looking for some ideas.

We are looking to get some decent numbers, and hopefully get a project ape cache along the line.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

e-mails through my profile would be good.

Wadders

That is the only Ape cache in the northeast.

With the exchange rate and the cheaper gas $3.20 / gallon. You could almost call this a cheap trip.

Since an Ape is on your wish list, you could take a trip to Washington DC and grab the APE on either way, along with a few of the route 95 caches. In 1 day you could walk the virtuals in the capital area. I'm sure you could grab lots of smilies along the road, but the DC loop is cool.

If the ape / dc thing doesn't give you enough numbers, you could drive down and back in one day. You could just tackle long island, east of new york city. You could find hundreds and still party in NYC. I'm planning four days there soon and expect to find at least 125 as a solo cacher. I bet with some planning, you could easily double that.

If you just want numbers - more, More, MORE - Jacksonville, Florida or Nashville, Tennessee are two good destinations, but no APEs in the area.

From the forum guidelines linked at the top of every page

Posting Messages: Posting the same message to many topics or boards is considered spam. Duplicate messages will be deleted or consolidated by our moderators. Please do your best to post new topics to the appropriate forum board, moderators will move topics that are posted inappropriately.

Closing this duplicate thread.

PS: While I'm at it, let me remind people those same guidelines address sockpuppets

Sock Puppet accounts will not be allowed. A sock puppet is an account made on an internet message board by a person who already has an account for the purpose of posting anonymously. Use your own account for posting personal opinions. Posts from known sock puppet accounts will be deleted and both the puppet and actual account may be banned from using the services of Groundspeak.