Custom Icons in Garmin 60cx

nwjeeper

thanks but the POI loader loads POIs not icons, not least that I can tell.

Ximage that I read about in the faqs is to take screen shots of the gps

Drop a bitmap in the same folder as the poi's named the same as the file for example Virtual.bmp .

they are only viewable at a certain zoom however and transparecy doesnt seem to work at least has been my experience perfhaps with another firware update garmin will fix this

O.K. I guess I can't do what I want to do as no one seems to be understading me. I DO NOT want to load any POIs! I use GSAK to load all my geocaches to the 60cx All I want to be able to do is assign them with icons for Multi, Puzzle, Virtual caches so that I can tell the difference on the screen.

I thought because there was a provision for "custom icons" in the 60cx that there should be an easy way to upload JUST icons to the unit. I guess this isn't possible.

I was hoping to be able to make this as simple a process as possible in that by getting the "geocaching" icons into the unit, then they could be associated when I load new caches with GSAK.

Thanks anyway for everyones help.

Thanks Landrover. Did that, but don't see a way to make GSAK use the symbols that defined as "custom" on the 60cx. Garmin's requirements are that the "custom" icons are named "Waypoint Symbol (000-023).bmp". I still can't associate that to a cache type with Gsak.

Take a look here.

Create the GarminOther.txt file and you should see them under the "Change Symbols" option when sending waypoints to your GPSr.

Edited by Hi-Tek