Logging your Find

tellskirt

I have found many rude and uncalled for comments in the logs when cachers log their finds. They are rude and directed to one or two other cachers. I want to know, in anothers opinion, should we be making these types of comments. Or should we simply be logging the status and the fact that that we found or did not find the cache.

Thanx

I thought diplomacy was the art of saying, "Nice doggy", while looking for a big stick? :lol:

Back on topic: Regardless of how bad a cache is, I would not post a derogatory log. As mentioned above, if I like it, I might type several paragraphs. If it's a film canister in the bushes of a Burger King, I'll post a TNLNSL. A lame cache is no excuse for bad manners.

I hope you don't mind me responding to your comment about how cachers leave their comments!

It's not how good or bad OR lousy the cache is. It's other cachers making rude and childish comments about other cachers. This cacher I'm talking about makes comments about cachers, not the caches. The comments are rude, uncalled for and down right childish.

Do you think that's appropriate ? ? ?

As is always the case, there are a dozen differant ways to look at a situation. And there are those that always seem to take a negative stance in their observations. And conversly there are those on the other end that are alway generous (and hopefully honest) in the comments.

We recently had someone come blowing into town and picked up 15-20 finds, and had nothing good to say about any of them (must have been constipated or something). Most of us just wrote it off and are glad he's gone.

Personally I like it when something nice is said about my hides, but I don't get upset when it goes the other way. Like they always say, "IT'S JUST A GAME!" :cry: