Coming soon to a cache near you...

RealWorldAvatars

Well, it seems that hubby and I have fallen hard for this whole geocaching thing, and that means we want to do it up right. :D We considered quite a few ideas for "signature items", but finally decided that the coolest option would be a custom coin. After a good bit of pondering on designs, we settled on something that we feel represents us well, heehee! Since we're both in the videogames industry, the coin will feature a modified game controller on one side, and a very appropriate monster type on the other.

It's off to minting this week, so we'd love to hear any opinions of the final design!

RWA-geocoin-sample.jpg

They're not going to be trackable, but we plan to number them anyway, for our own records. They're not going to be sold, either; they're just to leave in caches! We're going to have 300 minted in antique brass, for regular caches, and 15 shiny gold finish ones specifically as FTF goodies in our own caches.

Here's hoping people will want to find them! :)

- Cindy n' Bren, RealWorldAvatars

Nifty coin, although the reverse image is a bit hard to figure out. I like the idea of having it as a sig item, especially a coin, rather than a wooden nickle.

A suggestion: if you want some of those to travel, find some cachers, here and there, who will be willing to put one in a cache near them. You might make up a little note to go with it, explaining that this is a personal coin and why it is in that particular cache. I think that you'll find that there are cachers all over the world who would be willing to help you with something like that.

Nifty coin, although the reverse image is a bit hard to figure out.

And you know, I have to agree with you. Looking at it from the perspective of somebody who isn't familiar with the series of games that particular critter comes from made me realize I'd chosen the wrong image. So after searching around for a different view of the monster, and chatting it over with the minting company, here's the version that's actually going to press. :)

RWA-geocoin-FINAL-2.jpg

This is why I adore online forums, and why I'm always very grateful for any feedback. I think our signature coin is going to be even better now!

EDIT: We travel across the USA on business or for family reasons from time to time, and we're planning a couple of nice vacations as well over the next couple of years, so you never know where these coins might turn up! :) At least a few of them will be going with us to Japan next year!

Edited by RealWorldAvatars

Nifty coin, although the reverse image is a bit hard to figure out.

And you know, I have to agree with you. Looking at it from the perspective of somebody who isn't familiar with the series of games that particular critter comes from made me realize I'd chosen the wrong image. So after searching around for a different view of the monster, and chatting it over with the minting company, here's the version that's actually going to press. :anitongue:

Now that I can see it a little better, it reminds me of the Luggage of Twoflower, in Terry Pratchett's "The Colour of Magic." :tired: