In the interest of better swag...here's a deal you might want to look at

brian617

First of all let me say that I'm not affiliated in any way with the site I'm linking. I just thought some of you might want to buy some of these to use as swag.

woot.com is selling vivitar 4x15 binoculars in a two pack for $4.99 + shipping. If you read the copy on the site you will be informed as to the mediocre nature of the binoculars.

But still, they're cheap and it beats finding a happy meal toy or a matchbox car, right?

http://www.woot.com

I've bought from them before and never had a problem.

First of all let me say that I'm not affiliated in any way with the site I'm linking. I just thought some of you might want to buy some of these to use as swag.

woot.com is selling vivitar 4x15 binoculars in a two pack for $4.99 + shipping. If you read the copy on the site you will be informed as to the mediocre nature of the binoculars.

But still, they're cheap and it beats finding a happy meal toy or a matchbox car, right?

http://www.woot.com

I've bought from them before and never had a problem.

I can see the logs now.

Picked up binoculars and left 3 McToys, 2 Travel Bugs and my sig card.

They'll actually cause more McToys in caches to replace them trading even. :anicute:

That was just a joke. I can't stand foregone conclusions.

As an ex MMORPG player I find the idea of w00t! being used in a web address hysterical. I'd never checked to see if there was a woot.com (not sure why I hadn't checked - just a brain fade I guess). I'm intrigued by their sales model - one item per day that changes on a daily basis. I'll be checking back on the site from time to time. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Don't miss their podcasts, Thrak (and remember, it's O's not 0's). Whoever writes their copy is hysterical.

After a while, you'll notice some repetition. Golf clubs, wine, breadmakers, speakers, MP3 players, video projectors. Excellent deals, but refurbs or recently discontinued models. Check the discussion threads to see if something is REALLY a good deal.

It's best if you check just at midnight. Periodically, they offer the famous Sack of Crap, which sells out in minutes. This is...well, I don't know what it is, but each one costs $1 and you can buy up to three. It's stuff they haven't been able to sell conventionally, so it's bound to be worth more than a buck. I'm never up that late :anicute:

Don't miss their podcasts, Thrak (and remember, it's O's not 0's). Whoever writes their copy is hysterical.

After a while, you'll notice some repetition. Golf clubs, wine, breadmakers, speakers, MP3 players, video projectors. Excellent deals, but refurbs or recently discontinued models. Check the discussion threads to see if something is REALLY a good deal.

It's best if you check just at midnight. Periodically, they offer the famous Sack of Crap, which sells out in minutes. This is...well, I don't know what it is, but each one costs $1 and you can buy up to three. It's stuff they haven't been able to sell conventionally, so it's bound to be worth more than a buck. I'm never up that late :laughing:

I LOVE woot! I check it everynight. It changes at 10pm our time, so it's the last thing I do before heading to bed. They do have some pretty good deals sometimes. In fact, that's where we got our gpsr from and how we got started geocaching!

The grab bag specials they have are actually called 'Bag-o-Crap', and they usually are fairly much just that. The last BOC I got was an ipod cover, remote control dinobot, some random book and a knap sack which for awhile was the geocaching backpack, until we upgraged to a bigger back pack. Anyhoo, I give it 2 thumbs up.