Geocache List

athena326

After I do a search for geocaches within an area, a nice summary list is shown with the distance of the ache, the name, the origination date, and when it was last found. I would love to see another enhancement if possible. Can the GSP coordinates be added to the summary page as well? I have been getting around this by printing each geocache page to get the coordinates...or I have manually written each coordinate but this lends itself to numerous transcription errors.

Thoughts?

By the way, I love geocaching. It is the greatest activity to get out in the beautiful weather and explore new an exciting places that you would have never found if it were not for geocaching. Thanks!!!

After I do a search for geocaches within an area, a nice summary list is shown with the distance of the ache, the name, the origination date, and when it was last found. I would love to see another enhancement if possible. Can the GSP coordinates be added to the summary page as well? I have been getting around this by printing each geocache page to get the coordinates...or I have manually written each coordinate but this lends itself to numerous transcription errors.

I have thought the same thing. Like I would like to see a list of the coords of all the caches that I own myself. :)

Thoughts?

By the way, I love geocaching. It is the greatest activity to get out in the beautiful weather and explore new an exciting places that you would have never found if it were not for geocaching. Thanks!!!

You're a premium member. You can simply have this information delivered in a Pocket Query, and uploaded directly to your GPS.

Thoughts?

You're a premium member. You can simply have this information delivered in a Pocket Query, and uploaded directly to your GPS.

You can also download the data (GPX or LOC) into GSAK, which will let you print a nice list view with coords and any other columns you may choose.

But Prime Suspect is right - your best bet is to use the pocket queries and a program like GSAK or GPSBabel to download the data and load it right into your GPSr. Why do it by hand when loading data for 500 caches takes 2 or 3 minutes?

Thoughts?

I understand that the coordinates can be uploaded to the GPS but when you venture out and do multiple geocaches in the same day, I would prefer to have a sheet of paper along with me to scribble notes, such as what I thought of the geocache, or what I took hence the reason I would like a printed list.

Is there a way to do this? :)

Thoughts?

I understand that the coordinates can be uploaded to the GPS but when you venture out and do multiple geocaches in the same day, I would prefer to have a sheet of paper along with me to scribble notes, such as what I thought of the geocache, or what I took hence the reason I would like a printed list.

Yup. I use Clayjar's 'Watcher', and print the list. You can choose which data to print, and it really looks nice with the colored icons. Sort them any way you want, and print it out. I also print the pages from any that have special instructions, such as puzzles or parking waypoints.

From my previous post, right before yours:

You can also download the data (GPX or LOC) into GSAK, which will let you print a nice list view with coords and any other columns you may choose.

Is there a way to do this? :grin:

You upload both the waypoint name and the coordinates (plus the cache name and owner, if you GPS has room). I also carry a piece of paper that I scribble notes on. I write down the waypoint ID, then a few words about the cache to remind me about it for when I enter the log on-line. Sounds like you're doing the same thing, but want to print off a whole list to avoid writing down the 6 character waypoint ID.

Color me baffled. :)

See, this is what I like about the forums, ya learn stuff all the time. I never tried GSAK to print, this is cool, thanks!

Is there a way to do this? :(

Oops.....I missed tthat in your post. Thanks all for the advice! I definitely learned something.

See, this is what I like about the forums, ya learn stuff all the time. I never tried GSAK to print, this is cool, thanks!

Thoughts?

Is there a way to do this? :P

Bookmark list :)