I can't get my signature ta work...

Foothills Drifter

I have tried entering my password to update my sig. in profile, and then clicking on the forums link on the left; logging out and then logging back in; entering password to update new sig, logging out and then logging back in AND clicking on the "forums" link on the left; and someone said you had to click on the "discuss geocaching" link on Geocaching.com WHILE logged in to your forum profile. I couldn't find the exact link, I don't think, but I did do what I could find, clicking on the "General Geocaching Discussions" link while logged into my forum profile.

I have also tried just about every combination of the above listed advice, and used the "testing" forum repeatedly to no avail.

It's not the end of the world if I can't get a sig. going, but I wish I could figure out what it is I am doing wrong.

Ok,

Edit your profile.

Enter signature in signature box.

Enter password in password box.

Click Update button on bottom of page.

If next page says you updated successfully, delete all your cookies.

If you use Internet Explorer, from the Tools pulldown TOOLS > INTERNET OPTIONS > DELETE COOKIES

You may want to delete the Temporary files and clear your history as well.

Click OK.

Close your browser

Open your browser

Go to www.geocaching.com

Click the forums button on the left, do not use any shortcuts or favorites, use the button.

On the next page click the link to enter the forums, again no shortcuts, use the link

Hope this works.

Here's some visual rep's that might help of crucial update buttons:

(I know personally have to see a thing, I am very visual)

1) Profile Update Button (i.e. Update button on bottom of page):

gc_profileupdate.jpg

2) Forums Update Button (i.e. "forums" link on the left-side of the page on the main site):

gc_forumsupdate.jpg

Also feel free to contact me and we'll see what I can do to help out further, if needed.

Edited by MrCOgeo