Does An Owner Maintenance Log Affect P.q.s?

Snoogans

I have some seldom visited remote caches that I recently maintained.... Will the "owner maintenance" logs I posted be picked up by PQs the way a recent find does??? Or should I post a find on my own cache for the PQs to pick up on and change it back to a note when the cache is found?

I'm not understanding the question. What do you mean by "picked up by PQs the way a recent find does?"

I think the PQ just returns the last 5 logs and doesn't really care what type they are.

Unless you're using the criteria "found in the last 7 days" but I don't think you meant this.

I think the owner maintenance log should update the last found date.

Why's that? An owner already knows where the cache is; he isn't finding it but maintaining it. Should he get a smiley?

If the "last found" date is updated for a maintenance visit, that would complicate the "lonely cache" or "dust-off" games played at the local level around the world.

Why's that? An owner already knows where the cache is; he isn't finding it but maintaining it. Should he get a smiley?

If the "last found" date is updated for a maintenance visit, that would complicate the "lonely cache" or "dust-off" games played at the local level around the world.

Because the log is confirming that the cache is in place. Just like a found log does (or should do, unless it's a fake find log). I see the point about the old/unfound game tho. Would a second date indicating the last owner maintenance be feasible?

I once suggested (before there was an owner maintenance log) that the owner should get a smiley for maintaining their caches as a incentive to get people to do cache maintenance.