Whatever Happened To Cache....?

Miner_85

Announcement received that new cache in my area had been "released". Printed page with Name, coordinates, etc. and went on the hunt. ( I was a "Second-to-find" that AM ). :rolleyes: Logged my find and received "credit" on my Personal stats for the "find". Went on to other business... Came back later in day to print data sheet with my comments and site came up with "Error....this cache has not been "released"". What gives? :laughing: If, ( as I suspect ) the cache was "pulled" for some reason, why wasn't the cache simply placed "on-hold for maintenance " (or something) instead of apparantly dissappearing altogether? :laughing: . If the "Owner" pulled the cache, it would be nice to know... :rolleyes:

I wonder if you still get a smilie for it, even if you can't see the cache page! :laughing: Sometimes a reviewer will take back a cache submission if they see something wrong with it right after they publish it. From listening here in the forums, it seems to happen every so often. Frustrating if you already found it and logged it online, though. :laughing:

Sometimes if a reviewer accidently lists a cache that has a major guideline violation he will pull it back so it doesn't appear on the site. This is usually only done if there are no finds on it, but in rare cases is done even if there are finds.

Oh well, leave it to me to find something "rare" :laughing: ... Thanks for the replies :laughing: ...

I wonder if you still get a smilie for it, even if you can't see the cache page! :) Sometimes a reviewer will take back a cache submission if they see something wrong with it right after they publish it. From listening here in the forums, it seems to happen every so often. Frustrating if you already found it and logged it online, though. B)

I'm pretty sure that the answer is No. If it's 'delisted', it does not exist. I've had it happen once. Someone asked "Are there any good caches in (this) area." "Aha", though I. "I know one." Went looking for it, and it had disappeared. I enquired, and was told that it violated new state park laws, but that it, and my smiley, would soon return. The cache was adopted. Permission was received from the state park. And it reappeared, with all the original logs (including my smiley.)

I wonder if you still get a smilie for it, even if you can't see the cache page! :) Sometimes a reviewer will take back a cache submission if they see something wrong with it right after they publish it. From listening here in the forums, it seems to happen every so often. Frustrating if you already found it and logged it online, though. B)

I'm pretty sure that the answer is No. If it's 'delisted', it does not exist. I've had it happen once. Someone asked "Are there any good caches in (this) area." "Aha", though I. "I know one." Went looking for it, and it had disappeared. I enquired, and was told that it violated new state park laws, but that it, and my smiley, would soon return. The cache was adopted. Permission was received from the state park. And it reappeared, with all the original logs (including my smiley.)

Weird! Good to know. Wonder if that sends ftf-ers quaking in their boots! B):D