Geocaching And A Paml Pilot

Berniemtl

Just signed up as a premium member, and wanted to take advantage of being able to download waypoints to my GPS (Garmin Etrx Legend) and full cache descriptions to my Palm Tungsten T.

However the software page isnt clear on what I need?

Basically I wanted to be able to download wayponts directly to by GPS (for instance I am going on vacation...and wanted to download some 50-60 sites to do while I am away). Also, normally I print the pages of the caches I want to visit, but I understand that as a premium member I can now download the cache description directly to my PDA (with 5 logs and the hint decripted)

Help...what software do i need to download from the software page to do this?

Thanks

Just signed up as a premium member, and wanted to take advantage of being able to download waypoints to my GPS (Garmin Etrx Legend) and full cache descriptions to my Palm Tungsten T.

However the software page isnt clear on what I need?

Basically I wanted to be able to download wayponts directly to by GPS (for instance I am going on vacation...and wanted to download some 50-60 sites to do while I am away). Also, normally I print the pages of the caches I want to visit, but I understand that as a premium member I can now download the cache description directly to my PDA (with 5 logs and the hint decripted)

Help...what software do i need to download from the software page to do this?

Thanks

We use......

Geocaching Swiss Army Knife (GSAK) (GPX/LOC) - All in one application that allows you to manage GPX/LOC files, upload to your GPS, $20.00

And we use this to our Palm "CacheMate"

http://www.smittyware.com/palm/cachemate/ $8.00

And she has a good little blog about it also.

http://miragee.blogspot.com/

Been well worth it.

Gene

Geocaching Swiss Army Knife (GSAK) (GPX/LOC) - All in one application that allows you to manage GPX/LOC files, upload to your GPS, $20.00

I feel the need to point out that GSAK is completely 100% free. However after 21 days, you get "nag" screens (that force you to wait longer and longer each time before you can get into the program)...but as long as they don't bother you it's still free.

I found them to annoy me enough after it got up to making me wait about 25 seconds, then registered it. But GSAK is the best program out there for this stuff, IMHO.

Edited by ThePropers

Why not beat that dead horse some more.

GSAK+Cachemate - the best $28 I ever spent! I feel guilty now, after over 1 year of use that I only paid 28 bucks for these great programs, and I get free updates for life. Two great products and great developers!

Just got a Z22, everything fine until I go geocaching, Can't see the sreen

Try looking for a cheap B&W model (like the m125 these days), either on eBay or refurbished somewhere else. Some screens you just can't read in the sun, but I know for a fact that the m125's screen does work.