Switching From Follow Road To Off Road

I really like the Autorouting using City Select on my 60Cx, but when I get close to a cache it would be nice to be able to switch to off road routing. Is there an easy way to do this?

Yep, sure is, hit the "Menu" button, on the list near the top, select "recalculate", then select which type of routing you want from the next popup menu and hit enter to switch over. The only time you run into a problem is when you are driving down a road that isn't in the units map, your routing is by road and it starts recalculating continously, in that case you have to stop navigation and then using find>recent finds>select offroad to get to the offroad routing option.

Re: "Menu>recalculate>off road" I don't have my 60CSx with me but you get different menus depending on the current screen.

I do find>find[recent finds]>select waypoint>goto>offroad

Then I do quit>quit which takes me to the arrow screen.

I've been searching the forums for an answer to this question but I keep finding this same tip. However, it doesn't work on my newer (purchased 12/06) 60CSx. (Did Garmin change the operating software?) Here's what happens when I follow the above-quoted advice:

I do find>find[recent finds]>select waypoint>goto> But at that point it automatically goes to the "Calculating..." box without giving me the option to switch to offroad, so I'm still in Follow Road mode. Can anyone help?

Edited by IowaAdmin

I really like the Autorouting using City Select on my 60Cx, but when I get close to a cache it would be nice to be able to switch to off road routing. Is there an easy way to do this?

Thanks for posting this question! The "recalculate" seems much faster than what I've been doing. Thanks also to those providing the "shortcut".