Names Of Gcc Geocoins?

DM500HD

I'm looking for the names of the GCC Geocoins February untill July 2006. Do these have a name or don't they?? And if so, does someone know them?

February 2006 - Ghosts of Caching Past/Locationless Caches 2001-2005

March 2006 - Can You See Me Now?/Cache Hunters

April 2006 - (No name, although there's the recycling symbol on the back)

May 2006 - Annuit Ceptis

June 2006 - Oyster & Pearl

July 2006 - Mosquito/Poison Ivy (Itchy/Scratchy)

Not really "official" names but names I've seen them or heard them being called.

Edited by Mauison

I've seen the April 2006 coin being referred to as the "stained glass" or earth day one. It is my least liked of the series so far.... and the reason I cancelled my subscription to the club.

Some how I managed to end up with two of them, so if anyone is interested in getting ahold of this one let me know. It was readily available in the recent subscribers sale, so I'm sure I'm not going to see too many takers.

I've seen the April 2006 coin being referred to as the "stained glass" or earth day one. It is my least liked of the series so far....

Obviously beauty is in the eye of the beholder! I thought it was one of the nicer ones this year. :)

I thought it was also called "Spring" - though as I live in the Southern Hemisphere this doesn't fit with April <_<

However I copied the name used by a fellow Aussie cacher and called the one I released Bunya's Day of the Triffids, for what seems obvious reasons to me! :blink:

Edited by Bunya

I'm looking for the names of the GCC Geocoins February untill July 2006. Do these have a name or don't they?? And if so, does someone know them?

February 2006 - Ghosts of Caching Past/Locationless Caches 2001-2005

March 2006 - Can You See Me Now?/Cache Hunters

April 2006 - (No name, although there's the recycling symbol on the back)

May 2006 - Annuit Ceptis

June 2006 - Oyster & Pearl

July 2006 - Mosquito/Poison Ivy (Itchy/Scratchy)

Not really "official" names but names I've seen them or heard them being called.

I don't know if they have offical names, but looking at IconSP's list of trackables the 'default' names are as follows:

Before April - CC Geocoins

April 2006 - Geocoin Club Coins

May 2006 - Geocoin Club May 2006 Geocoins

June 2006 - June 2006 Geocoin Club Geocoins

July 2006 - July 2006 Geocoin Club Geocoins

I've seen the April 2006 coin being referred to as the "stained glass" or earth day one. It is my least liked of the series so far....

Obviously beauty is in the eye of the beholder! I thought it was one of the nicer ones this year. <_<

:rolleyes: I also thought that the April spring/stained glass coin was one of the best designed coins thust far this year, A very aesthetically pleasing coin in a girly kind of way. If you have one that you'd rather trade than keep shoot me an e-mail and we might just work something out. <_<

No "official" names (someone also wrote in to ask what is officially "front" and "back" on each - again... nothing official) for the coins. We put what we think are probably the best taglines/names for them on the August contest coin which lists each of the 12 coins that have (or will be) issued.

No "official" names (someone also wrote in to ask what is officially "front" and "back" on each - again... nothing official) for the coins. We put what we think are probably the best taglines/names for them on the August contest coin which lists each of the 12 coins that have (or will be) issued.

and i cant wait for those to arrive....i believe i will be keeping (sending) all of those out myself.....

well, I'm only six years late, but here goes anyway . . .

the thirteenth geocoin in this series (often called the "one year anniversary" coin) has a list of twelve names on the "back" of the coin - they are -

first finders dance

selective availability

ammocan

benchmark

old man winter

ROT13

ghosts of caching past

can you see me now

spring flowers

pyramid

pearls and pins

pick your poison

the first eight of these share a single name (and icon) on GC.com

that name is "CC Geocoin"

the next four have unique names (and icons)

(actually, five, if you count the anniversary coin)

they are, in order -

Geocoin Club April 2006 Coin

Geocoin Club May 2006 Geocoin

June 2006 Geocoin Club Geocoin

July 2006 Geocoin Club Geocoin

Geocoin Club Anniversary Edition

Edited by Bhob

well, I'm only six years late, but here goes anyway . . .

the thirteenth geocoin in this series (often called the "one year anniversary" coin) has a list of twelve names on the "back" of the coin - they are -

[snipped]

Gee, it only takes six years to get a reply in the forums ... ??? ... :blink:

Technology is progressing... by leaps and bounds !!

Can hardly wait for the next revelation ... roflmao !!