Newbie Question Re. Waypoints

B202B

Hi Everyone,

I just found my very first cache last night,logged it, and thought that that was all that was required for it. Today I was reading descriptions for other caches and came across this:

"In order to keep your log from getting deleted,you will have 2 weeks in order to get your Waypoint added to the cache page.Any logs that do not meet the criteria will be deleted."

Is this a requirement for this specific cache, or a requirement for all? If the latter, how/where do I add a waypoint? Do I need to mark it on my GPS, then upload to the computer?

Thanks!

When you choose the log your visit option, you are taken to Post a new log. In addition to entering your log text you have the option to check off the Add a waypoint to the log box. I have never found a Cache where adding a Waypoint was a logging requirement. More often you might use this feature to include better Cache coords if you feel the owner has posted bad ones. But a Cache owner can request and enforce this requirement if they want to. Give us a link to the Cache or the Waypoint number (GC####). You could contact the owner and ask for a clarification if you are unsure what they want.

Sorry, I didn't add that cache to my watch list and now cannot find it again. It wasn't one I was planning on pursuing, but just wanted to check if it's required for all. The search I looked through was within about 50 miles of N 50° 37.451 W 116° 04.464, but there's a lot of info there.

You mean you can't remember where you cached? I have been caching over 3 years now and I can honestly say I can remember all of them. Not the specifics maybe but I can tell you if I did it or not.

No, I can remember where I've cached (after all, it's only been a day <_< ). When I stumbled across that comment, it was when I was searching random caches on the website - possible ones to stake out at a later date. I found the comment unusual, so just moved on and kept looking at other caches that I might want to pursue in the future.

No, that was a cache that I actually found locally last night.

I finally found the one I referred to originally - it's actually a Calgary cache, not BC (I looked online for both, so must have gotten them all mixed up).

The title is BP in YYC, waypoint GCW7YG. It's temporarily unavailable, and in the description states that:

"In order to keep your log from getting deleted, you will have 2 weeks in order to get your Waypoint added to the cache page. Any logs that do not meet the criteria will be deleted."

Hmmm, now that you all have me thinking more about this, I may even have misinterpreted it. The original cache placer wants people to place new caches. Is it then the two-week period within which s/he wants the new cache added to the site?

Too late to be thinking about this heavy stuff :rolleyes: .

Edited by B202B

You should be able to look at which ones you found by going into My Account. Then at the top of the page you should see "Caches (Mine)" Click on the caches part and there should be a list of all the caches that you have found. I have never heard of your sit. eather. I would like to take a look at this too....

:) Hi GCW7YG

In order to claim a find you'll have three goals,

1. Find the cache and sign the log.

2.Then place a cache in the downtown area within geocaching guidelines the same day of finding this one.

3.Add a note with the GC???? when cache is published.

You can log it all at once or just add a note when your cache gets published.

In order to keep your log from getting deleted,you will have 2 weeks in order to get your Waypoint added to the cache page.Any logs that do not meet the criteria will be deleted.

NOTE:Certain exceptions will apply tp those cachers who are from away and are unable to place a cache and maintain it.

This is sort of self "Explanatory"................ :rolleyes: