Original Stash Coin Variations

TEAM 360

:D Still a great coin to have in my collection :laughing:

Yes! Really, I don't think the "R" on the 2nd run coins makes any difference at all, or detracts from the value or collectability of the coin...I actually like the subtle difference which allows you to tell which run they were, and the unpainted coins as well... :laughing:

Does the money from this coin go towards a new plague or cache?

Is the orginal plaque paid for yet?? :D

Oh, yes, it was paid for when it was cast, a long time ago, by cachers who donated to the effort, and they are all listed on the Original Stash Tribute Plaque cache page (GCGVOP)...in fact, I also paid for a copy, which was given away in a raffle at GW4, and also for a replacement backup, both out of my own pocket...if the PDXGeocachers decide they want to replace the one at the site, I will send it off to them...

Makes you wonder why they were painted :D

I think the unpainted version looks by far the best :P

The original version was painted to most accurately portray the Original Stash Plaque, which has a painted/stained background, much darker than we could acheive with antique bronze coins alone. The unpainted coins are a designer's edition that are only available from myself or Team 360 as a trade (the two designers of the coins, with a lot of help from Georgia at thecachingplace).

Just to set the record straight, the "Registered Trademark" symbol on the second batch was not a ploy to get more sells. It was accidentally left off of the 1st minting, which we didn't figure out until after we had minted 1000 coins. GC.com required the "Registered Trademark" symbol on our coin. Luckily they were kind enough to overlook our mistake on the first batch, saving us the thousands of dollars it would have cost to remint the entire batch. When it came time to make the second batch, we needed to correct this problem (i.e. create a new die). So that's the history of the change. Hopefully no one feels jipped either way. That being said, I think it is cool that the people that got in on the first batch have a slightly different coin as first-timers.

The original version was painted to most accurately portray the Original Stash Plaque, which has a painted/stained background, much darker than we could acheive with antique bronze coins alone.

Which version do I have then? It's got a strange combination of orange Cheetos crumbs and Octopus slime all over it, and the jumbled words "I Can't Quit You" in thin silver sharpie....as if it was handled by some drunk hooligan flipping between a Red Wings game and Brokeback Mountain. Is this a rare edition you've not made public? :P

The original version was painted to most accurately portray the Original Stash Plaque, which has a painted/stained background, much darker than we could acheive with antique bronze coins alone.

Which version do I have then? It's got a strange combination of orange Cheetos crumbs and Octopus slime all over it, and the jumbled words "I Can't Quit You" in thin silver sharpie....as if it was handled by some drunk hooligan flipping between a Red Wings game and Brokeback Mountain. Is this a rare edition you've not made public? :laughing:

I don't think that was Octopus Slime! :laughing:

Lets just keep that special edition coin between me and you, and maybe one of those rare unpainted coins will find its way into your mailbox. :laughing: