A Quick 60csx Question

On my 60cs, when I do a find on a geocache waypoint and then do an "Off Road" Go To, the unit takes me to the compass page. On my new 60csx, it takes me to the map instead and then I must use the page button to get to the compass page. Does it work that way for others? Can I make it go directly to the compass?

Thanks,

RM

On my 60cs, when I do a find on a geocache waypoint and then do an "Off Road" Go To, the unit takes me to the compass page. On my new 60csx, it takes me to the map instead and then I must use the page button to get to the compass page. Does it work that way for others? Can I make it go directly to the compass?

Thanks,

RM

I have the same issue with my 76CSx. The wierd part is that I just got my older 76CS back from Garmin and it now does the same thing! It must be something in the updated firmware. I find it pretty annoying. When I ask for Off Road it really needs to go directly to the compass page.

Yep. It's annoying. So much for "Geocache Mode." I just reordered my pages in my unit. I made sure that the compass page and map page were right next to each other. This way, I can selet page to 'go forward' and quit to 'go backward.' I know this isn't a solution, but it's something.

Now .... if you had topo maps loaded ..... and had the directional arrow on the map page (easy to do if you change the default fields) ..... you would probably be real happy. :laughing::blink:

But NOOOOOOOOOO :laughing: You think Garmin is out to get you. Maybe they did it just to erk you.

OK Enough having fun. Why not try putting the directional arrow on the map page and zooming in. You just might like the fact that you do not walk into a lake .... but around it because you see it on the map way before you get to it. :laughing: ImpalaBob

I agree, the map page is MUCH better. I never use the navigation screen until I am VERY close. Keeping "distance to destination" as one of the fields on the map screen is THE key.

You just need to press PAGE once to switch to the navigation screen.

Edited by Red90
I agree, the map page is MUCH better. I never use the navigation screen until I am VERY close. Keeping "distance to destination" as one of the fields on the map screen is THE key.

The point is that, when I get close and switch to the pointer arrow the thing SHOULD go directly to the compass page. That was the normal behavior in the previous units. Why was it changed? There is absolutely no functional reason for it to have been changed.

The point is that, when I get close and switch to the pointer arrow the thing SHOULD go directly to the compass page. That was the normal behavior in the previous units. Why was it changed? There is absolutely no functional reason for it to have been changed.

Count me as another user happy to have it go to the map page.

Perhaps Garmin had enough suggestions from OTHER users wanting the units to default to the map page that they changed it in a firmware revision...?

Now .... if you had topo maps loaded ..... and had the directional arrow on the map page (easy to do if you change the default fields) ..... you would probably be real happy. :laughing:B)

I do, and I am! I was very pleased when I saw that the off-road "go to" caused the Map page to pop up instead of the compass page on the 60csx -- now I don't have to click my way there myself B)

Now .... if you had topo maps loaded ..... and had the directional arrow on the map page (easy to do if you change the default fields) ..... you would probably be real happy. B)B)

But NOOOOOOOOOO :) You think Garmin is out to get you. Maybe they did it just to erk you.

OK Enough having fun. Why not try putting the directional arrow on the map page and zooming in. You just might like the fact that you do not walk into a lake .... but around it because you see it on the map way before you get to it. :laughing: ImpalaBob

never thought of setting the pointer in the data field.....thanks...I'll try it

I find the responses to this thread interesting in that I expected everyone to jump on the "why doesn't it go to the compass page" bandwagon, but instead, it seems that a lot of folks like it to go to the map page. Maybe Garmin did make it that way because of previous complaints from users. Now, if they would just make it a choice in the geocache setup page, everyone would be happy. :lol:

BTW: I don't think anyone is happy with those new childish icons. Why haven't they fixed that problem?

RM