Mapsorce Metro Guide And Topographic Cd's

hello everybody

i now have both the mapsource metroguide and topographic cd's and i am completely amazed about the map info available on both of these cd's.

on the etrex legend, in the find window, you see "adresses" and if you dont have the metroguide set downloaded chances are you cant highlight that in order to use it.

well let me tell you i can use it and all i had to do is download a mapset to the etrex of a location such as madeira beach florida and i can now find just about any address in that area of florida. as well as telephone numbers and maps to get to them. i even did a mapset on orlando florida just for kicks and i was totally amazed at the info available.

the topographic DVD disc set is also amazing. this set of discs consist of 3 cd's. topographic info is essential when out hiking in unfamiliar territory. these discs cover alaska, hawaii, the eastern and western united states.

additinal info on features, addresses,etc for these locations is abundantly available as well.

regards

archeangelsk2002 (archie)

cgriffin101@yahoo.com

Nothing like being out on a road trip and all of a sudden realizing everyone's hungry. Everyone's agreeable to Pizza, so as we're headed east, I do a search for the nearest Pizza Hut, and look for one in a range of 60º to 120º (ENE to ESE) of us. We find there's one 30 miles ahead in the direction we're traveling, so we waited about 15 minutes and then called the number listed for them on the GPSr, and ordered the pizza.

When we arrived, they seated us and we told them we ordered ahead. The waitress took our drink orders and then brought the pizza right to us and the drinks arrived a few minutes later. We were in-n-outta there in about 20 minutes including bathroom breaks, etc.

Without the GPSr (and associated POI data), we would've been just starting to eat at about the same time we were leaving having ordered ahead!

Don't get me started about autrouting with City Select... :D

Edited by Neo_Geo

You can't specify it - you have to look for it. When you have your list of POIs open, you highlight one, and it'll display "from current location" information which includes distance and bearing information. Keep scrolling on entries until you find one in the direction you're headed. Having re-read that message, I did make it sound like you could specify it as part of the search, but you can't and I apologize for the wording.

Sorry - my bad.

I have editied the original message to clear up any possible confusion.

Edited by Neo_Geo