Software For Gpsr's

I have two gps's one is an Etrex Legend and the other is a Garmin GPS V. For some reason, I am unable to get my new (used old gateway G6-400) puter to "talk" to the gps's. Is there a spot on the web that someone can point me to that has the software to run these? Or does this puter have it and I am unable to find it?

I have two gps's one is an Etrex Legend and the other is a Garmin GPS V. For some reason, I am unable to get my new (used old gateway G6-400) puter to "talk" to the gps's. Is there a spot on the web that someone can point me to that has the software to run these? Or does this puter have it and I am unable to find it?

Download the software mentioned above and also check to ensure in your computer BIOS that the com ports on your computer are enabled. Common problem with serial port devices.

Download the software mentioned above and also check to ensure in your computer BIOS that the com ports on your computer are enabled. Common problem with serial port devices.

Also make sure nothings using your serial ports. I have to shut down hot sync (for my palm) before I can upload stuff to my gps, as its uses the same serial port.

Edited by emb021