60csx Hangs In Recent Find

jwv

My software is at v2.90/v2.60. I don't think this condition happened with earlier versions but I'm not sure.

From Find, select Recent Find, when the recent finds are displayed, press menu. My unit starts emitting a tone and hangs. The only way to get out is to pop out a battery for a second, then the GPS works normally.

Anyone else experiance this?

Jerry

My software is at v2.90/v2.60. I don't think this condition happened with earlier versions but I'm not sure.

From Find, select Recent Find, when the recent finds are displayed, press menu. My unit starts emitting a tone and hangs. The only way to get out is to pop out a battery for a second, then the GPS works normally.

Jerry

Jerry,

I just tried it on mine and it didn't do that. It brought up a dialogue box that would allow me to delete all of the recent finds.

Sounds suspiciously like a corrupt memory card or bad contacts on the memory card.

When I put in my memory card I was worried about how good it connected.

Jerry

Thanks for the replies, you have confirmed what I thought should be happening. This one is still new to me so don't have it's expected behaviors down yet.

I will play with the memory card to see if that will fix the problem. If not, I may see how long it take Garmin to turn it around - I leave on vacation in less than a month!

Jerry

Jerry

Mine doesn't do this, and it's updated to 2.90/2/60.

My 60CSx doesn't have that problem. I really doubt thats a card issue because the recent finds would be stored on the internal memory supply, not the removable card (atleast I assume this is true). I would try re-writing your firmware with the webupdater, but I'm not really sure <_< . I doubt its broken, just some setting you have wrong.

Try a factory reset... Hold down Enter and Page at the same time while booting the unit up and a reset box will come up. Just press 'yes' and it should be back to factory condition (NOT THE MEMORY CARD, IT WILL STILL HAVE ALL IT'S ORIGINAL FILES). To wipe this just put it into USB drive mode and delete everything on it.

Sure hope this works out for you! :unsure:

Apparently there was something corrupted on the memory card. I switched the gps to mass storage mode, deleted all the files, flipped it back to normal and the problem was gone.

I've had problems with the custom POI's that I'm currently blaming on the new loader. Perhaps that is/was the source. More testing to follow.

Jerry

I did some more testing and the problem appears to be the the custom icons I was tacking on. If I don't load those, everthing is fine.

I think I will just leave them off for the time being and see if a new version of the poi loader will solve the problem.

Jerry