Gps Units

bearlookin4cache

Venture Cx is the newest handheld GPS on Garmin's Etrex line. I think it's quite a value. It's selling for $200 at most reputable GPS internet vendors. I prefer offroute.com.

It supports auto-routing with the optional mapping software - selling for about $115 (City Navigator).

It has a color screen and differs from the Legend C only by lacking the USB cable and memory card.

The cable is the general type - my digital camera uses the same one; and you can get memory cards alot cheaper than through Garmin.

Edited to correct Cx, as Briansnat noted below.

Edited by Chuy!

I assume you mean the Venture CX. Its probably just as good as the popular Legend CX and an even better value. The main difference is that the Legend CX comes with a 32 meg memory card that most people are going to replace with a bigger one anyway. The Venture CX comes without the card, so you can purchase whatever size card you like and aren't wasting money on a card that is going to be sitting in your desk drawer.