Forum By State Vs. Region Of Usa?

Morgue

Living in Iowa and working in Illinois, I am interested in postings in both states, but the current organization on regionla topics just does not work for me. While I am always interested in Geocaching news.... what is happening in Ohio is of little relevance since it is so far away. (No disrespect to the folks from the great state of Ohio, just making a geographical point.) Could the Forums be divided by State? Would anyone else like to see this happen?

Living in Iowa and working in Illinois, I am interested in postings in both states, but the current organization on regionla topics just does not work for me. While I am always interested in Geocaching news.... what is happening in Ohio is of little relevance since it is so far away. (No disrespect to the folks from the great state of Ohio, just making a geographical point.) Could the Forums be divided by State? Would anyone else like to see this happen?

I think that a lot of the State geocaching forum chat gets handled by the local organizations and their webpages. I see some towns / areas have their own threads for local chat. Have a search around for relevant Geocaching orgs.

Edited by Maingray

Personally I've always thought that Iowa should be placed in the Midwest forum, geographically we're touching far more of Midwestern listed states than Great Plains.

But considering the lack of conversation Iowa typically generates here, I don't think it matters that much.

I think there's enough division of the forums as it is. No need for each state to have it's own section. Do that, and the next thing people will want is seperate sections within the state sections, for each of the cities or counties in the states.

Want something specific to a particular state? Google is your friend, you can probably find a state or local caching group that has a forum that discusses mostly issues in that particular state.

I can see your point, but I know a number of cachers who routinely cache in other states. For example, a few cachers from Pennsylvania regularly come into Ohio to find caches and atttend events. Another cacher that I know in western Ohio does a lot of caching in Indiana. Having the forums in groups rather than individual states would make it easier for them to keep aware of what's going on in the areas they cache.

I don't know about other areas but when I lived in CA I would browse the West and Southwest forums. Now that I live in HI I rarely read thru that forum anymore because very few post have to do with HI.

I don't know about other areas but when I lived in CA I would browse the West and Southwest forums. Now that I live in HI I rarely read thru that forum anymore because very few post have to do with HI.

Rub it in why don't cha. :anicute: