Help Please.. Newbie-ish

Team Wendycat

Hello there guys, really need your help. I get the traditional caches and usually do not have a problem with them but with the caches where you have to figure out the coordinates, I can't seem to find the place on a map. I have the coordinates right but is there any type of internet thing where I can just type in the coordinates and the place will pop up on a map for me???? I spent 2 hours today of hiking around trying to get a FTF when I realized that I had been looking at the wrong place completey. Then I found myself wanering around aimlessly through the neighborhood with no luck. I'm so very frustrated! Please help.

Google maps, for one. Just put the coordinates in the search bar.

It's hard to beat Google maps, but sometimes you need an aerial photo and Google doesn't have a high-res version available. Or, you need a topographic map. For these cases, an easy interface for entering multiple freehand waypoints is available using the mapping tools at http://www.geocachingadmin.com

Yep what they said google is your best bet it works great and its FREE! There are cachers out there that have 60+ finds using only google earth including multi's or you could just buy a GPS :)

It's hard to beat Google maps, but sometimes you need an aerial photo and Google doesn't have a high-res version available. Or, you need a topographic map. For these cases, an easy interface for entering multiple freehand waypoints is available using the mapping tools at http://www.geocachingadmin.com

I just have to ask, what is hamster caching anyways... sound cute .....