Help With Explorist 200

I've read through the full manual & can't seem to fine an answer to my question. I have several local (close to home) POIs in my unit. When on the map screen they all show. Is there a way to only show the "GoTo" one you're currently working on? The rest just clutter up the screen. Thanks for your help.

Nope, no way to do it. As you get closer to your "target", however, you can zoom in and eventually your POI will be the only one.

That's right. If you've got a lot of clutter you're probably too far out. When you're on the map screen hit the "in" button once or twice and see if that helps. Or just use the pointy thingy and it will take you to the cache you want, without making comments about others in the area. (That's the next generation!)

I've read through the full manual & can't seem to fine an answer to my question. I have several local (close to home) POIs in my unit. When on the map screen they all show. Is there a way to only show the "GoTo" one you're currently working on? The rest just clutter up the screen. Thanks for your help.

I don't know about the eXplorist, but with Garmin units you can set the display to show POIs only at certain zoom levels so they don't cluttter the map when you are zoomed out. I would guess Magellan has a similar feature but I can't say where. I'm moving this to the appropriate forum where perhaps someone more familiar with the product can help.

On the 200 you can't turn off POI files of your choosing. You don't even have POI files. On my 400, when I'm going to a Geocache POI, I notice that there's a little crosshair symbol on top of the cache symbol. I bet if I turned off the Geocache POIs so they don't display, the crosshair would still be there.

But like I said, you can't turn off individual POI layers in the 200. Only in the 4/5/600/XL, and possibly in the 210. I haven't messed with my 210 enough to know for sure.

I also have a 200. Yes, any POI's you have entered will show up in the map area you are viewing. As hukilaulau pointed out, simply zoom in a bit to focus on the one you're dealing with at the moment. In practice, I gradually zoom in as I approach a cache. If you're still seeing several caches at the 250 or 100 ft. level, then you should feel happy, as you can hit several in a close area!