Forget Bears, Start Worrying About Cougars!

Team Perrito Blanco

Check out this article, Beware of the cat: mountain lions sighted in areas of Sussex County.

I think I'm going to start caching with Klizich! 04.gif

This is alarming to say the least.

Wow! Thanks for this link! These are beautiful animals! That area useta be my stomping grounds! Of course, there are some parts of the USA where these animals are still quite common.

Edited by Vinny & Sue Team

I was fortunate enough to see one in the wild, while hunting in Colorado..Our eyes met at the same time and it was gone in an instant.

I've heard of people seeing them in N.J. also. But with all the time I've spent in the woods I've never seen any tracks in the snow...Maybe, someday!!!

You guys will go to any lengths to keep other cachers away from being FTF :)

I remember reading somewhere that cougars had been spotted in Ohio and that some big cats were believed to have had a range of 900 mile traveling as much as 35 miles per day. It was thought that they were moving to find deer as food. There aren't any deer in Sussex Co. by any chance are there. But if you really want something to think about.

http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/219...004-256522.html

BTW reports of cougar spottings in Pa have been debated for the last 10 years, but there are some in Honesdale who insist that cougars are there. Honesdale is not all that far from NJ--Sussex County.

Edited by Packanack