Newly Promoted Officer

Hi all,

I just got promoted to officer for a waymark group. When I look at the waymarks there are several that do not meet the category description. How do I...

1. Contact all the officers at once to see if the waymarks should be unapproved

2. Unapprove a waymark once it has been approved.

from my experience--having having accidently approved a mark and recieveing both the approved & denied emails for the same mark--you need THE email with the link to the approval/denial buttons.

a good place to start would be to ask the mark owner(s) to archive the marks--providing evidence of why it is not applicable in the category.

also take into account that they might have been posted before the instructions were updated to make them insufficient. therefore they are 'grandfathered' in.

this is something that might not have been realized by TPTB, allowing groups (managers) to fully manage the categories--as if you add a new variable choice, it is up to the mark owner to go in and update the info {ie: you submit a benchmark in the town of Atlantis. it is not in the drop down, so you type it in the box. when it is added to the dropdown box, you must go back and change it as the mark owner. the category managers are not allowed to modify marks in it.}

G'day

From what I can work out, you can only contact all the officers at once if this option has been turned on by the category leader for your officer level.

Regards

Andrew

webscouter -

I have managed to unapprove one of my own waymarks for a test. There is no way to do it presently via clicking on a menu item anywhere that I have found.

Yeah, I've been looking and haven't been able to find any "delete this waymark" link, either. I think it's something that needs to be addressed. Group owners/officers need that control over their group. What happens when someone edits their waymark after it's approved, and turns it into something completely off base for the group or just completely inappropriate? We shouldn't have to bother TPTB every time this comes up, we should be able to do it on our own.

How do I...

2. Unapprove a waymark once it has been approved.

1. I've seen spotty performance on the site's email feature, which has caused some anguish in the Waymarking community. Even if it were completely reliable, email is a poor way to coordinate team actions (such as taking a position on a particular waymark). The forum feature isn't enabled yet, so we'll need to live with email for a while.

2. There's no way to do this, yet. This, along with an ability for officers to edit waymarks, is a highly desired feature.

I must admit this question is something I to have been mulling over as I have been given managment of a couple of categories that were abandoned and one in particular has several waymarks that did not even meet the previous owners criteria but he had approved them in any case.

So where do I stand in regards to being able to remove a couple of these types of waymarks?

The approve/deny option is listed for me to do it but I am figuring someone is going to get their nose out of joint if I do!