Possible Money Making Ccahe Event!

Recently I have heard new of a friend of the family has caught leukemia for the third time know this is very upsetting news for himself, His family, His friends and Me. So this is where you Guys, Girls, Dudes and Chicks come to the rescue and give me some ideas on possible ideas to make money to go towards his treatment, How to get people to come and have fun helping his cause and If it would work!

I have had a couple of ideas for instance a Mega Cache Marathon (This could be going out to grab loads of caches like The Big Event and The Bigger Event both by Simply Paul or it could be what it say's a Marathon involving running and be sponsered for doing it in outragous costumes!)

These are just bubbles at the moment so please please please help me out on this it will be much apreciated even if you have not got any suggestions on the cache event it self you can always say what you think on others suggestions!!

Please reply yours sincerly DRC!!

As charidee events are banned by TPTB, how about to organise yourself a caching marathon and get sponsors (per cache?). I am sure lots of others would like to come to Bucks area where caches are thick on the ground and join you. You could organise a standard (ie non charity related) event for the evening to relax, unwind and talk over the days caches. I dare say if you were to organise a raffle people would donate items and dig into their pockets.

As charidee events are banned by TPTB, how about to organise yourself a caching marathon and get sponsors (per cache?). I am sure lots of others would like to come to Bucks area where caches are thick on the ground and join you. You could organise a standard (ie non charity related) event for the evening to relax, unwind and talk over the days caches. I dare say if you were to organise a raffle people would donate items and dig into their pockets.

Ali I right about charity caches/events, but if you organise something "outside" of a normal cache or event then good on you :tired::laughing: !!

hows about a request for donations for a travel bug in your friends name - if some people sent a quid, and got their name mentioned on the bugs page, it must be worth a quid or three!?

not sure if this would go against guidelines/rules - but as anyone can have their own personal geocoin made and offer an invitation to buy - it cant be so bad can it?!?

i'll shut up now and get back to the cider! :laughing:

good luck though!