Geocachers In Wny/buffalo

Duckers95

Howdy, Duckers95!

You could also check out the New York Geocaching Oragnization (NYGO) forums. There's even a section specifically for Buffalo and Western New York.

Cheers!

Keep an eye out for the Letchworth Fall Gathering...

usually the second weekend in Oct...

This is one of the biggest, best, and oldest running events in NY...

If you dont know, its aboot 60 miles SE of Buffalo...(aboot 1 - 1 1/2 hrs away)

Howdy, Duckers95!

You could also check out the New York Geocaching Oragnization (NYGO) forums. There's even a section specifically for Buffalo and Western New York.

Cheers!

Keep an eye out for the Letchworth Fall Gathering...

usually the second weekend in Oct...

This is one of the biggest, best, and oldest running events in NY...

If you dont know, its aboot 60 miles SE of Buffalo...(aboot 1 - 1 1/2 hrs away)

Yep, you just missed a couple of events in the area. I don't know that there are any more planned all summer, but you never know. The date is already set for Letchworth, Saturday, October 14th 2006

Of course many people stay for the whole weekend, Friday night to Sunday.

Oh, what the heck, here's the link from an alternative geocaching website that lists it much further out than they do here :laughing:Letchworth Fall Gathering 2006:

Still learning and need a gps but having fun! recommendations for a gps anyone for a newbie and less than $200.00?

Several good starter units come to mind from the Garmin eTrex line to the Magellan Meridian and eXplorist line.

Get into the gorges and wooded type areas like Letchworth and you will want something with good reception.

Thanks for the info, i'll check it out. Never been to Letchworth!

Still learning and need a gps but having fun! recommendations for a gps anyone for a newbie and less than $200.00?

thanks!

Hello Duckers95

Lot's of us in the area and your always Welcome to come along with us on some hunts to get your feet wet... I'm from the Angola area if that's close to you... I use a Magellan SporTrak Pro and Love it....

STROL

I'm new to geocaching, only done it a few times and now i'm hooked! Are there any geocachers in the wny/BUffalo area that meet up? Just wondering where i can meet people,where to go,etc. ANy tips or advice would be helpful too! thanks everyone.

There's an event in Batavia this Saturday if you're nearby. Several cachers from the Buffalo and Rochester areas will be attending, so this could be a good chance to meet some. Plenty of caches in the area to find too.