Ftf Prize's

How do you view FTF Prizes? I feel that they are what they say on the tin, a prize for the FTF. I don't view these as swaps, the way I see them is that if you find the cache first, then the prize is yours regardless of any swaps that may or may not take place. After all the title of the item is FTF Prize, not, FTF Swap.

How do you view these, especially those of you who actually put FTF Prizes in your caches?

No arguments please, keep it friendly. :ph34r:

How do you view FTF Prizes? I feel that they are what they say on the tin, a prize for the FTF. I don't view these as swaps, the way I see them is that if you find the cache first, then the prize is yours regardless of any swaps that may or may not take place. After all the title of the item is FTF Prize, not, FTF Swap.

How do you view these, especially those of you who actually put FTF Prizes in your caches?

No arguments please, keep it friendly. :ph34r:

i agree its a PRIZE (GIFT)

not a trade

i put them out some times

and dont expect swaps for them

I recently got FTF on a multi at the Scottish Cache Bash in which the prize was a quarter bottle of single malt whisky (contraband alert :rolleyes: ). Since I cheated by completing only 4 of the 6 stages, I left it there for a more deserving cacher, so if you're quick ...

a prize is a prize...a swap is a swap....

Simple!!

If it says it's a FTF prize, then there's no need for a swap... however, in the interests of keeping decent items in swaps, I DO leave a swap item even for a prize, but I don't expect others to in my caches.

Well only being a small player, but disappointed when my two FTF's yielded nothing more than the chance to be first to use the log book, so I err'ed on the side of generous with the two caches I placed: with a laminated certificate, and an un-activated TB tag in an envelope, plus a choice of the booty as a prize (of which there was one obviously higher value item).

It's pleasing to note that in both cases the FTF only took the cert and the TB, leaving the other items to remain as trades.

I can't ever see me getting up at the crack of dawn as mentioned in another thread just to get a FTF, but however it's achieved I think it is nice to find something a bit special for the effort.

2p </ching>