Need Site Help

phoenixfour

Whenever I click on the map on a cache page it takes me to MapQuest. The map I am looking for (Unless I dreamed it LOL!) gave me the locations of 20 or so random caches in my area and I could scroll through multiple pages and it would give a little green balloon with a number in it marking the cache on the map. I could click on the balloon and get the coordinates etc. Does any of this sound familiar or am I on something? :laughing::laughing:

Whenever I click on the map on a cache page it takes me to MapQuest. The map I am looking for (Unless I dreamed it LOL!) gave me the locations of 20 or so random caches in my area and I could scroll through multiple pages and it would give a little green balloon with a number in it marking the cache on the map. I could click on the balloon and get the coordinates etc. Does any of this sound familiar or am I on something? :laughing::laughing:

Good question for the geocaching.com forum. The Mapquest maps are the old way. The maps you refer to are the "new" Google maps. For some reason, we're back to the old maps.

Good question for the geocaching.com forum. The Mapquest maps are the old way. The maps you refer to are the "new" Google maps. For some reason, we're back to the old maps.

Thank you!! I thought I was losing my mind! I hope it goes back, I really liked the Google map. I noticed I can click on the google map on a cache page, but it will only let me see that one cache, not a bunch like the other map did. But, Thank you for confirming that i'm not (completely) crazy!! :blink:

Hey, I've found the answer. The Google maps are disabled, while they make changes so the complainers can choose to just see the old maps. Those of us who liked the Google maps are stuck with the old maps until the ability to choose your map is implemented.

Link to relevant post

OMG! Thank you! Raine posted a link to the map I was looking for. WOOHOO! love the google map :laughing: