London Caches

Im going to London next week for a few days and want to take my brother geocaching in the city while Im there. I will be staying in Hackney, but travel is not a problem as Im a bit of a Tube junkie and we will be travelling to Earls Court and the Tate Modern during the visit.

After looking at the many caches within London Im finding it difficult to choose which ones to go for. :D

We will definately be doing the Millenium Bridge Cache but need a few more to keep us going.

Could anyone recommend any that they have really enjoyed or are of particular interest.

Dawn.

ps, been lurking here for nearly a year and thought it time I revealed myself !!

Well, there's quite a few, but to start you off, here are two!

Last Delivery is a rare Traditional cache with room for TBs and also has a bookmark list of London Caches.

Possibly my personal favourite is St Alphage Gardens - this is exactly what caching is for....

GC.com playing up at moment, so will edit for links later!

Dave

There's a whole series of micros along Regent's canal which makes a very nice walk.

Having done a couple I agree with Lordelph and recommend you go to Kings Cross to tackle some of the others in the area before walking over to Regents's Canal. There's at least three caches you can do in under an hour. Start off at this and then walk towards the canal grabbing this on the way - its big enough to take TB's. :D

A lot depends on whether you like micros or not. Obviously in an urban area most of them are micros but some are better than others.

I really liked Last Delivery for the location and the fact it's not a micro.

Dulce Et Decorum Est II covers a lot of monuments and helped me while away a most enjoyable lunch hour finding them all.

Currykev has a few micros in interesting locations and the Rainbow and Catastrophe series will get you out and about all over town looking for virtuals leading to a final cache. I also enjoyed Oranges and Lemons.

Then if you want to head out further east there are a few along the riverside, or head a little out of town and pick off a few in the assorted commons around the city.