Pre-programmed Micro Sd Cards?

Since the largest MicroSD cards currently available are 1GB, and apparently all of North America won't fit onto a 1GB card, how is Garmin offering a MicroSD with North America on it?

I'm guessing they are selling the North America City Select NT or North America City Navigator NT on these cards. NT map compatibility was added to the 60CSx/60Cx with the 2.62 beta release. Its also available in the 2.7 official release as well as the new 2.71 beta.

I currently have all of North America City Navigator NT v7 installed on my 60CSx on a 1GB card - it takes up 888MB of space.

Since the largest MicroSD cards currently available are 1GB, and apparently all of North America won't fit onto a 1GB card, how is Garmin offering a MicroSD with North America on it?

I'm guessing they are selling the North America City Select NT or North America City Navigator NT on these cards. NT map compatibility was added to the 60CSx/60Cx with the 2.62 beta release. Its also available in the 2.7 official release as well as the new 2.71 beta.

I currently have all of North America City Navigator NT v7 installed on my 60CSx on a 1GB card - it takes up 888MB of space.

For TOPO SD cards Garmin is selling 12 overlapping regions for the US alone. Canada is also divide up into overlapping regions.

FYI

I have been working with my CD version of TOPO, and have figured out that I can get the entire Continental US onto 4- 1 GB cards. Lets see 4 from Amazon.com @ $42.00 or 12 from Garmin @ $86.00 DUHH

What would Garmin be doing to protect their copyright with these cards? Presumably the contents could be copied from one card to another? Also, I'd imagine, that the cards wouldn't be locked to your unit as they don't have the serial number when you purchase the card from a shop.

What would Garmin be doing to protect their copyright with these cards? Presumably the contents could be copied from one card to another? Also, I'd imagine, that the cards wouldn't be locked to your unit as they don't have the serial number when you purchase the card from a shop.

Are you thinking what I am thinking? <evil grin> :D