Can't Load More Than 2025 Maps On My 60csx?!

I just got my 1gb microsd card and I'm trying to fill it up, but if I go a single map over 2025 I get an error message- "The map set contains 1 too many items to fit on the GPS" even though that only adds up 470mb. Is there a simple solution I'm missing? I've updated the gps software and firmware, as well as mapsource, still no luck...

2025 is the current limit imposed by Garmin. It used to be one thousand something and they upped it a couple months after release.

I'd like to think they will update it again when the 2 GB cards start to appear.

Does anyone know why Garmin has imposed this limit??

Rick

The 60CSx does have some internal memory (it stores the track log to it). If you loaded maps to the

micro sd card using a card reader, you will notice that when you insert the card and turn the unit on, it

will have a progress bar at the bottom of the welcome screen. It seems to me that it is building some type

of index in internal memory for the maps on the card. So the limiting factor in the number of maps you can

have on the SD card is the size of the index file that it can put in it's internal memory.

2025 is the current limit imposed by Garmin. It used to be one thousand something and they upped it a couple months after release.

I'd like to think they will update it again when the 2 GB cards start to appear.

Does anyone know why Garmin has imposed this limit??

Rick