Question About City Select

Hey everyone, I had a question about the City Select v7 that comes with the Garmin GPS18. Can someone tell me if I would be able to use it with my 60cs as well? I've heard you can use their software on 2 units. If anyone can tell me, I would really appreciate it. I was going to buy just the City Select, but I can purchase that GPS18 bundle for $99, wouldn't mind having an additional gps receiver for my laptop. Link of item in quesion below.

http://www.garmin.com/products/gps18/

I'd cross check directly wtih Garmin. I've heard the samet thing about two unlocks but I've been burned by Microsoft on Two similar products having a different number of installs and the one I ended up bying had one less and that was a real bummer.

Yes I think I better double check with them tomorrow. I notice it says it comes fully unlocked, so maybe that means only the usb receiver will work. Anyone else know where I can buy City Select v7 for a good price. Am I correct when I say that owners of the 60cs prefer city select over city navigator?

I did get confirmation from Garmin that the GPS-18/nRoute bundle would also allow me to use the CitySelect-NA maps with one other Garmin GPS. I ended up buying another GPS/CitySelect package which also allowed me to get a second unlock for my earlier GPS.

But it wouldn't hurt to get a direct confirmation from Garmin yourself.

$99 sounds like a good price from what I've been seeing, and yes, for the 60cs you definitely want CitySelect over Navigator.

Edited by peter

$99 sounds like a good price from what I've been seeing, and yes, for the 60cs you definitely want CitySelect over Navigator.

I use CitySelect (recently upgraded from V6 to V7) with a Garmin 60CS and am very happy with it. I'll probably purchase Navigator also, after Garmin reduces the size of the map segments and it beomes usable with my unit.

The software that comes with the 18 is unlocked for the 18, so you can't just toss the 18 dongle in a drawer and use the software on, say, a 60CS and a Legend. But it only uses one of the two codes, so you can use the other unlock code for your 60CS.

Thank you for your reply Sputnik, but I'm still going to give Garmin a call tomorrow. Yeah i was planing on using the city select with the gps18, & wanted the extra unlock for my new 60cs. I also have a 3 week old legend, but I'm using metroguide with that one.

The software that comes with the 18 is unlocked for the 18, so you can't just toss the 18 dongle in a drawer and use the software on, say, a 60CS and a Legend. But it only uses one of the two codes, so you can use the other unlock code for your 60CS.

Thank you for your reply Sputnik, but I'm still going to give Garmin a call tomorrow. Yeah i was planing on using the city select with the gps18, & wanted the extra unlock for my new 60cs. I also have a 3 week old legend, but I'm using metroguide with that one.

I bought my City Select from eBay a year or so ago. When I tried to install it, I found out (from Garmin Tech Support) that the software was originally sold as a part of a bundle - with a GPS 18 - but that I could use the second unlock code with my 60c. Worked great, and I got a free upgrade to the City Select v7 upgrade.

I'd like to ask a City Select related question. I have a Garmin 60CSX (like half of everyone else) and City Select 7.0. When I am autorouting I zoom in enough to see street detail and when I get to the next turn the display automatically zooms way out. I have the latest firmware (2.62 Beta and GPS SW Version 2.40) and hoped it would be fixed by now. Is this problem unique to me or do others experience it also?

Thanks for the help!

Hey everyone, I had a question about the City Select v7 that comes with the Garmin GPS18. Can someone tell me if I would be able to use it with my 60cs as well? I've heard you can use their software on 2 units. If anyone can tell me, I would really appreciate it. I was going to buy just the City Select, but I can purchase that GPS18 bundle for $99, wouldn't mind having an additional gps receiver for my laptop. Link of item in quesion below.

http://www.garmin.com/products/gps18/

:) I had the same question. Garmin affirmed that what you want to do is okay so I purchased the GPS18. It unlocked and installed perfectly on my Legend C and I did also get the free upgrade to v7 on DVD that installed fine too.

Go for it!! You can't beat the pricing.

Old Thread

Overtaxed1

Edited by overtaxed1