Downtown Seattle Geoteaming Event - Techies Needed!

Gadget Girl

[:laughing:]Hey all!

Playtime, Inc. is sponsoring a HUGE geoteaming event in downtown Seattle on THURSDAY May 11th from Noon to 5pm. We need about 5 geotechs (experts in the use of geocaching gadgets) to help us with the event.

[?]What's in it for you? Pay is $50, and you get a white Geoteaming Polo, you get lunch and you get a chance to share your love of the sport of geocaching with new people.

[?]What do you have to do? You come a little early for a training and lunch - 10:30am-6:00pm. This is where the course designer will tell you a little about the course, it will likely consist of some regular caches, some virtual caches and some "do something" caches. The course designer or facilitator will walk you through using all of the equipment - yellow garmin etrex, pocket pc, digital camera, 2-way radios, and then answer any other questions for you.

You will walk the course with 1-3 different teams throughout the day and help them with equipment problems along the way. YOU WILL NOT be part of their team and give them answers to solving the caches, for that you are an observer. After the event you will help pick up equipment and tally scores and watch the celebration and slide show.

Then you get paid and you're off! We also encourage feedback and sharing about how the program went for you and the teams you followed.

[?]Who can be a geotech? You do not have to be an experienced cacher, but some experience obviously helps. You should be somewhat equipment savvy, but we help you with that too. You may have already helped us with past events, that's great if you are already an experienced geotech!

[?]How do you sign up? It's easy! Send me an email with your REAL name, CACHING name, CELL PHONE NUMBER, POLO SHIRT SIZE (they run HUGE) and let me know if you have any experience already with geoteching. Maybe tell me a little bit about why you think you would make a good tech for this event and I will get back with you very quickly with more details.

The first 5 to respond will get to play for the day with our team and have an opportunity to learn more about Geoteaming and PLaytime, Inc. Check us out at Geoteaming.com on the web![8D]

Thanks!

Tanya Phillips

Course Designer

Austin TX

512-560-3732 cell

tanyamp@austin.rr.com

Well, unless my employer fires me, I cannot do this, but I feel I need to point out that it is very tough to get sattelite reception in much of downtown Seattle.

That said, good luck! I hope everyone has fun!

Team Maccabee

the company is based in Seattle and runs a downtown program at least once a month. They also do a lot in the Discovry Park area.

I am still looking for more techs!

thanks,

tanya

Is a cell phone a requirement? Other than that I'd be available.

NO a cell phone is NOT a requirement. You will be walking with teams and someone on the team will have a cell phone. I don't know if they use 2way radios in downtown.

If you want to help out, just send me your details, real name, cache name, shirt size, home phone.

tanya

Well, I'm out. They just informed me that I can't even have my 14 year old son hanging around - something about insurance concerns (?!). The rest of you have fun but the event has lost its appeal for me.

:) Oh dear! Geocaching fame and all it's glory!

Edited by Wienerdog

:) Hey, could we see a picture of Gadget girl out caching?

I know many a pretty, feminine women in Washinton State. Geocahers who look glorious at the events. But take them out for a day of caching. Tough and sturdy girls they are. How about some srcatched up legs. Hair with brambles stuck to them, hungry and contacts so clouded over we can't read the PDA's after a few hours. Feet wet to the socks that they remain that way all day without complaint. Trying to find a restroom for some privacy after caching 8 hours with a bunch of men. Cold and will not admit it. Never backng down. Have you ever experienced a 10-12 hour day with these woman who in my eyes are dedicated cachers?

Well you can take the ones who look fine in the morning with combed hair and a bit of classy makeup. Yes, I try to start my day looking like a lady, but in time the sweat and sand and brambles have you looking like someone in the woods on the quest for a find! The ones I know move beyond that point. They are the dedicated woman cachers. The ones that take you to the end.... who you better hope if you are dedicated cacher you will be with these girls. They will be there and watch over you.

I would like to list some here. The ones that have gone beyond. But I am afraid I might forget somebody! My friends know who they are. Those are the ladies you should be talking to!

It's not hard to find them, but if you need help I can direct you.

Unless of course you just want a "Cover Girl"

No hard feelings and with utmost respect! Just want you to know what we are about!

Donna (WD)

Edit:Correcting spelling erors.

Edited by Wienerdog

:rolleyes: Hey, could we see a picture of Gadget girl out caching?

I know many a pretty, feminine women in Washinton State. Geocahers who look glorious at the events. But take them out for a day of caching. Tough and sturdy girls they are. How about some srcatched up legs. Hair with brambles stuck to them, hungry and contacts so clouded over we can't read the PDA's after a few hours. Feet wet to the socks that they remain that way all day without complaint. Trying to find a restroom for some privacy after caching 8 hours with a bunch of men. Cold and will not admit it. Never backng down. Have you ever experienced a 10-12 hour day with these woman who in my eyes are dedicated cachers?

Well you can take the ones who look fine in the morning with combed hair and a bit of classy makeup. Yes, I try to start my day looking like a lady, but in time the sweat and sand and brambles have you looking like someone in the woods on the quest for a find! The ones I know move beyond that point. They are the dedicated woman cachers. The ones that take you to the end.... who you better hope if you are dedicated cacher you will be with these girls. They will be there and watch over you.

I would like to list some here. The ones that have gone beyond. But I am afraid I might forget somebody! My friends know who they are. Those are the ladies you should be talking to!

It's not hard to find them, but if you need help I can direct you.

Did someone say my name? <_< The above is a great description of female orienteers, actually, a sport I have long participated in, where bushwhacking is part of the point (it's cross-country map-and-compass competition), so torn clothing, twiggy hair, and dirt are the norm. I've carried this over to my caching exploits on occasion, e.g., Evergreen's Feast. No photos (thank goodness) but a few witnesses.