Travel Dud?

phoneman66

I found my second cache today, and it contained a travel bug. I logged it, and this bug seems to have no history. It was last shown in the hands of the owners, with no log's since. The log for the cache I found it in has no mention of it, and the the owners haven't logged a found cache in over a year. Do I send this bug on it's way, or put it back where I found it?

The owners only found caches are 400 miles away(again, over a year ago), and this bug seems to appeared out of thin air.

I found my second cache today, and it contained a travel bug. I logged it, and this bug seems to have no history. It was last shown in the hands of the owners, with no log's since. The log for the cache I found it in has no mention of it, and the the owners haven't logged a found cache in over a year. Do I send this bug on it's way, or put it back where I found it?

The owners only found caches are 400 miles away(again, over a year ago), and this bug seems to appeared out of thin air.

I would just place it and send it on down the road.

It is weird when you get an abandoned bug. I once picked up Petite Ballerina and I admit my motivation to help its mission dropped a bit when I noticed that owner had been on the site for less than a month about a year ago and never returned. I put it back in a cache but with no-one receiving its updates and cheering it along it almost seems pointless.

No mission statement means just move it. You're probably just the first one to pick it up, or perhaps someone did pick it up a long time ago, didn't know how to log it and felt bad for holding onto to it so they snuck into a cache far, far away. Anything could have happened. Perhaps if you log it when the owners get the email, they might think "OH YEAH! Caching, remember that? Let's do that again!"