Going To Grand Canyon, Need Some Waypoints...

willyum

I was wondering if you guys had waypoints to share of points that I 'MUST SEE'.

I have all the guest services and standard visitor locations that mapsource provides....I would like you to put me where you stood when you had that ultra breath-takeing view.

Also I know it's not politically correct to carve your name or initials in protected areas but everyone does so.....If you have waypoints of your marks, I'll find them (if I can) take pics and upload them....(a signature geocache)

My trip is in august (I know, I'm a little early but I'm excited)

forgot, these are all in 1 week trip...

Grand Canyon

Death Vally

Monument Vally

Sedona (sedonya...I gotta check the spelling)

Petrified Forest

Flagstaff

four Corners

Las Vegas

Hoover dam

and I think it's called The Painted Desert...or something like that.

Not everyone feels the need to vandalize beautiful protected natural places by carving their initials into trees, rocks, squirrels, etc.

Please don't do this. If you do, please don't do it in any way that would identify you as a geocacher. Most of us are very respectful of our natural places and would not want anyone thinking that geocachers are the kind of people that do stupid stuff like this.

If you can't hold back the urge to carve your name into some living thing, try carving your initials into your leg.

Edited by YuccaPatrol

I've been out that way, and I'll tell you now, the Petrified Forest is really no big deal. You'll see more Petrified Forest at at the trading posts at the end of the road, than you'll see in the park.

Don't get me wrong, its a great drive, but if you're looking to see a great Petrified Forest of tree standing off in the distance, then you might just as well stay home.

Most of the Petrified trees are on private land, and what there is in the park is scattered and laying about in pieces and small chunks.

And it costs to enter the park. The best bet is to find one of many Trading posts that sale the wood/stone.

Save a few bucks for gas or eats.

The rest of your list is fine!

Didn't mean to burst your bubble.

The Grand Canyon's you're best trip by far. Now unless you have a permit, you'll not get to the bottom, and the mule train has a weight limit. I think it's 175lbs or less. The GC it has some fantastic views though and you can't take it all in, in one day.

Expect a long wait entering the park too during that time of year. But it's well worth the wait, even if it is a big hole in the earth. Get up early if you're camping there, and get some great sunrise shots.

Good luck, and check out the welcome stations. You can get some great deals there.

Cache on.