New Bug In The System

The system is generating multiple e-mails to group members and submitters when new waymarks are posted. For example, I created a new waymark this morning in North Carolina Historic Markers and posted it. I went back in and added a photo to the waymark page. Then I made a small correction. Each time I updated, a brand-new separate e-mail was sent to all group members. I received three identical e-mails as a group member and three as the person submitting a new waymark.

Yesterday, I entered a new waymark in Civil War Monuments and the same thing happened. Multiple e-mails galore!

This didn't used to happen. You used to get one e-mail and that was it. Just because you updated the waymark before approval didn't result in a new set of e-mails going out each and every time.

<_<

That explains why I too was getting emails galore. I thought I had subscribed somewhere to too many notifications, and was attempting to find where I had done that. I hope this gets fixed soon as I am averaging 3 to 4 emails per waymark created in all of my groups and it fills the email very very quickly when you are in several groups.

I just received identical 11 e-mails for a Photos Then and Now submission. Eleven! Jeremy is the leader of our group. Hopefully he'll get one of the software wizards to get this fixed.

Wow, I wondered what all that was about. I thought it might be some denial-resubmit battles going on.

Happened to me today... A waymark was entered into the category, and I got two emails for it. I approved it, and then they went back and edited it. I got sent another email asking me to approve it. It wasn't listed in the category anymore so I had to re-approve it. This really needs to be fixed!

Edited by Dew Crew
chstress53 Posted Yesterday, 07:40 AM

That explains why I too was getting emails galore. I thought I had subscribed somewhere to too many notifications, and was attempting to find where I had done that. I hope this gets fixed soon as I am averaging 3 to 4 emails per waymark created in all of my groups and it fills the email very very quickly when you are in several groups.

Received them faster than I could check or erase them.

That's the reason I cancelled out of some 'Groups' ...Sorry about that folks... :D

Sttill happening to me today it is really really annoying, I soon will be canceling out of some groups because I can not stand the 7 emails per waymark submission, then if an edit occurs we get bombbarded again and again. PLEASE FIX this bug as soon as the holiday is over!!!!!