Puter & Pda ?

I have a sony clie sl10 that I have used for a few months now with no problem....Puter acted up a few days ago & now when I perform a HotSync it will not download into the PDA hotsync icon is still in my task bar lower left of puter screen ....it is like I dont have the PDA attached to the puter....I have checked all my connections & everything is ok ....any ideas ?????Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does the PDA connect with USB? If so, you might try removing and then reinstalling the driver.

yes it does connect with usb.....How do I remove it then reinstall it ..forgot to say that my GPS uses the same cable & I have no problem downloading waypoints to it ......Thanks

Edited by Kayak Kouple

Not sure how the Sony works but if it uses a hotsync app, which I presume it does, uninstall the hotsync app and reinstall it. It sounds like the USB drivers/connections are ok if you can talk to your GPSr.

Just in case; start / settings / control panel / add/remove software

or,

find it in the start menu, scroll down to the program, look for UNinstall "hotsync app name" in the same subcategory

Good luck and holler back if you still can't make it work <_<

There are a few things to check. I will assume you are using XPHome as you have made no reference otherwise.

Go into START - SETTINGS - CONTROL PANEL - SYSTEM (icon) - HARDWARE (tab) - DEVICE MANAGER (button) and check your USB settings. If there are any yeallow question marks then delete it and restart your machine. It should try to re-install the drive for the USB. Then you may have to re-install your HOTSYNC software <_<

or

Go into your HOTSYNC setting and ensure that your profile name is accurate compared to your PDA profile name. This is much easier and should be tried first <_<

Good luck