Pocketpc Geocaching

I have Pocket Windows 2003 with navigation software on it and Dell bluetooth GPS. Does anyone know how to load long/lat or waypoints into this software so I could use it for geochaching?

Cachemate has a "plugin" that does navigation. My primary navigation software on the PPC is Beeline GPS. Both of these programs will display the Geocache information (cache description, hint, recent logs) as well. Neither of these provide real mapping, but BeeLine does have a "blank map" so you can see the caches around you as you drive about.

GPS Tuner is another one I've used but it doesn't have the extra information. You can load maps though (but you need to calibrate them first).

-al

With regard to the original post, you didn't mention what mapping software you are using. You mentioned a Windows Mobile 2003 and the Dell GPSr. Are you using the Dell software with it? If so, I don't think it allows you to mark lat/long coords, however, I'm not entirely sure as I haven't used it. I *think* I recall people posting that that wasn't possible.

If that is the case, then you need to look for another mapping software solution as several people above me have posted.

I, as far a Pocket PC software (vs. buying a stand-alone receiver) goes, really like maps. I like looking at them and seeing where I am and exploring them. To that regard, I think the post above for Backcountry Navigator is outstanding. This is a great program once you learn how to download the maps you need. It has far greater details available than that available for the stand-alone receivers. While I continue to support a stand-alone as the best solution, I would recommend BN as a very good solution if you like details and insist on using the PDA for the cache hunt.

If you're content following the arrow to the location -- which is OK, just not my cup of tea -- then any of the recommendations set forth above would be just fine.

Nonetheless, it appears you need to be researching an alternative software solution to enter coordinates.