Garmin Vista Cx Issues?

I have a new vista cx while my girlfriend has a vista c. Yesterday we took both GPSs out geocaching and the vista c was able to get within 10 feet while my CX was usually saying i needed to go 50-70 feet in a different direction when i am looking down at the cache. We are both pretty new to the whole GPS thing and could use some major advice here. I do have the new firmware for the CX.

I'm also having the same problem. Does anybody know of a fix? I went caching with a group finding over thirty in the day, and I was 50-60 feet off from everyone else. Didn't have this problem with my Lowrance. :rolleyes:

I,ve had my Vista Cx for a couple months now. Some days it 0s at 20 feet off target most of the time It's within 12 feet of the find. I have found a couple caches with the 0 right at the cache. I am happy with it's performance.

I'm sure you all have calibrated the compass too I hope <_<

Yes, and set the elevation. I bought mine last February, and haven’t been able to get it right yet. I'm consistently about 50 feet off each time. When your geocaching with a group and your the only one off by 50', it's got to be my unit. I like the GPS, it's just so frustrating when you’re wondering around in the wrong place.

With my vist cx, I havn't really had that problem (although do have DNFs but don't attribute them t the GPS). Usually at a cache, my vista cx will read anywhere from 0 ft. to 20 ft. These inaccuracies I believe, can be attributed to the GPS system as a whole. Unless I have a diefferential fix, I seee no problem. But I wonder what is up with your's....

With my vist cx, I havn't really had that problem (although do have DNFs but don't attribute them t the GPS). Usually at a cache, my vista cx will read anywhere from 0 ft. to 20 ft. These inaccuracies I believe, can be attributed to the GPS system as a whole. Unless I have a diefferential fix, I seee no problem. But I wonder what is up with your's....

My Vista Cx also seems to be always 50-70ft away from the correct location. This seems strange to me. Also after upgrading to 2.30 the Compass thing has to be calibrated much more often. =(