Geocache Loc File Shows As Waypoint Not Geocache

Is the Geocache icon an Open treasure chest or a Closed treasure chest?

If you have somehow marked the Geocache as Found, the icon will change to an Open treasure chest. It will then disappear from the Geocache page and appear on the Waypoint page.

The above is a simplified explanation because you still have the ability to search from the Geocache page for Found or Not Found Geocaches, but that's the gist of it.

LOC files come with the symbol as a generic waypoint. GPX files come with it valued as a geocache.

To make a mass change using EasyGPS:

1. open your LOC file

2. select all

3. bring your pointer down into the box with the waypoints and right click your mouse

4. select 'edit waypoint'

5. A bulk waypoint editor box will pop up. Change the symbol to geocache then hit OK.

Once its a geocache it will show up in your Geocache list. If you can't find it by searching for nearest, search for it by name.

Edited by briansnat

Thanks for the quick answers everyone!

I turned on my unit this morning and the cache (marked as not found) was in the geocache folder. Then I checked my way points folder and it was in there too, along with three Garmin waypoints (Garmin, Garimin Europe and Garmin Taiwan).