2006 Beach Bonfire!

Polgara

Pol,

Any word of a Reading-area caravan/carpool yet? OMF & the Pink Princess won't be able to make it, I'm going to work on a new cacher MamaZizza to come with me, but if anyone else wants to share a ride or just drive down together I'd be up for it.

Velvet

Well, the wife and I have talked about it, and we are going to be coming again this year. I wasn't sure, so I waited until now to post. Looking forward to it, the last two have been a blast.

Oh, and my cousin is a truck driver, I should get him to come and bring a BIG load of firewood. :anitongue:

ONE WEEK TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW....i have a volley ball net, but no poles and no ball....if anyone attending this event wants to bring poles and or ball, go for it!

There's a good joke in there somewhere, but I think I'd get in trouble with the mods if I posted it. :blink:

BTW, are we getting enough firewood this year? Last year's fire was kinda small........ We need to make sure you can see this year's from the space station.

BTW....i have a volley ball net, but no poles and no ball....if anyone attending this event wants to bring poles and or ball, go for it!

There's a good joke in there somewhere, but I think I'd get in trouble with the mods if I posted it. :blink:

BTW, are we getting enough firewood this year? Last year's fire was kinda small........ We need to make sure you can see this year's from the space station.

I was chuckling too about the pole and ball comment. I had a great joke ready, but I knew my warn meter would have gotten spiked.

Need more firewood... Maybe we can get a load shipped in by cargo ship.

There's a good joke in there somewhere, but I think I'd get in trouble with the mods if I posted it. :drama:

I was chuckling too about the pole and ball comment. I had a great joke ready, but I knew my warn meter would have gotten spiked.

Need more firewood... Maybe we can get a load shipped in by cargo ship.

Someone's got their minds on bikini clad cheerleaders....at least i hope that is what the camera is for and not the pole and the ball....oh hum, thats where it ends in the family forum, lol....

As far as the wood....there is one load from PA on its way, and two loads in MD reserved and waiting. My only problem is HEIGHT. The rules say i can't burn anything that might have nails and the like in it, so that leaves out flats. The best i've come up with is stacking the wood real high, structuring something with 2X4s or something similar, or buying out the tiki torch section of walmart. I did have a picnic table i was going to bring and burn, but it rotted out and got tossed in the woods. I do have an old christmas tree laying in the woods, i could always bring that... :D Of course if i were to buy all the tiki torches, the darn fire will explode and blast us all to Pluto.

With all that said...we're ready to burn! 4 days to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ninja::ninja::)

Edited by Polgara

Hooray!!! The bonfire was awesome! Thx to everyone who attended and made it such a success again this year! I got to meet some new faces, and see some cachers i met before. Unfortunately, the ponies stood us up...and the cheerleaders were replaced by a visit from the ranger...man is that a raw deal (for the guys anyway) but I thought he was a cutie! Teeeeeeeheeeeeeeeee! The little sand crabs paid us a visit and provided great entertainment for the kids. Cacher "wormcatcher" caught Siganl the frog, and he actually took a nap in her shirt pocket without trying to get away! The moon was bright, we even got a glimpse of some shooting stars.

There was lots of great food, booze, and lots of conversation about caching, and of course those famous jello shots from Krazy Trollz! We've decided to rename her the Jello shot geocacher. This year we had steaks, pizzas, pies, shrimp, kabobs, corn cobs, beans & weenies, kilbasa, sausages, and more all over the fire! Thre was also the biggest fruit, vegetable and cookie selection ever, alongside the homemade whoopie pie extravaganza!

Thx to everyone for coming, thx to my pyromaniacs with their help with the fire, thx to MissJenn with the nametags, and thx to everyone with their help getting things to and from the parking area, and C U next year!!!!!

-Pol

Pyromaniacs? Oh yeah, I guess that would be us. :laughing: As usual, it was a great event, despite your forgetting to put in the requisition for the cheerleaders and ponies. I've uploaded a few pics, including a group shot, with my log for anyone who's interested. Thanks Polgara for once again organizing this and being a wonderful hostess. Looking forward to next year's event.

Unfortunately, the ponies stood us up...and the cheerleaders were replaced by a visit from the ranger...man is that a raw deal (for the guys anyway) but I thought he was a cutie!
I saw that you had him sign the log book.

Did he leave his phone number?

:laughing:

Well, if he did its too bad....he told me to STOP putting wood on my bonfire...what a weanie!!!!!

Unfortunately, the ponies stood us up...and the cheerleaders were replaced by a visit from the ranger...man is that a raw deal (for the guys anyway) but I thought he was a cutie!
I saw that you had him sign the log book.

Did he leave his phone number?

:unsure:

Well, if he did its too bad....he told me to STOP putting wood on my bonfire...what a weanie!!!!!

Ah, that's OK. I had already tossed every piece of wood I could find onto the fire, about 5 minutes before he showed up. :laughing: