Legend Or Legend C

Clouser

I am going to purchase a GPS for hiking, traveling and I would like to try geocaching. I think from what I have read I like the Legend or Legend C. I can't decide if the extra features in the Legend C are worth the jump in price. A friend told me " if you had them you would probably like them if you don't you probably wouldn't miss them". Any help on making a decision would be appreciated.

I am going to purchase a GPS for hiking, traveling and I would like to try geocaching. I think from what I have read I like the Legend or Legend C. I can't decide if the extra features in the Legend C are worth the jump in price. A friend told me " if you had them you would probably like them if you don't you probably wouldn't miss them". Any help on making a decision would be appreciated.

I had the legend and took it back

did not work well in woods

but did work great in open

the C looks nicer

I got the gps map 60 csx

the 60c is nice if you can get one

wzilla

The Legend only comes with 8m of memory, whereas the C has 24m. Quite a difference. The color screen is much easier to see. Once you load maping software on the C, you can look up address', streets, etc. (Lets say your in a strange area, everyone is hungry, you can type in McDonalds and it'll show you where the nearest one is, even give you the phone number. Plus, the newer models have the expandable memory, so you can load TONS of maps and caches.

Legend C hands down. Better reception, easier to read color screen, autorouting, 3 times the memory, fast USP connection (the old Legend won't hook up to most modern PCs without an adaptor).

I think your friend is dead wrong on this. You'll miss the extra memory and better reception right off the bat

Autorouting may fall into the 'if you never had it you won't miss it" category, but if you ever get in the car of a friend who has it, there will be a high jealousy factor.

Sliding this over to the appropriate forum

I used a legend for a while, then upgraded to a legend cx...The price difference is definitely justified...If it doesn't strain your budget too much, I would consider the cx model as well, with the expandabilty of the micro sd card...allows you to load in unlimited maps via the card, not limited to the internal memory of the GPSr...the color screen is the only way to go, and the newer models have much better overall reception....thats my personal experience and two cents worth...welcome to the addiction BTW.... ;)

I used the Legend for a year before getting the 60c. While I thought the Legend was great while we used it, I now find if hard to go back to using the Legend. The color screens have MUCH better contrast than the Legend screen. I am glad we kept the Legend as a backup unit but my eyes thanked me for going to a color unit.